Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

I am thinking about rooting my galaxy s4 since my friend suggested me to. He ... Android Smartphones forum

twistermoe254 no está en línea Stack level 1

Root or not?

Advertisement

I am thinking about rooting my galaxy s4 since my friend suggested me to. He says that it would open a lots of options and I would be able to install other apps. However, I am afraid that it would damage my phone.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to PinStack! We have several experts here on the forums who would be able to help you out. My Note 3 is rooted, and I even did it myself! There are tools out there that make it pretty easy. You can flash a custom ROM that would virtually eliminate any carrier bloat and unwanted software, really trimming down your device. What carrier are you with?
    FxAkash likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Again, what Roger said.
    I would understand what rooting actually is and what flashing is before I actually did it.

There is always a chance of bricking. The S4has been around for a bit and I would recommend Chainfires autoroot as a tool.

Always backup stock, always. Let me repeated that...ALWAYS backup stock.

Be aware that Samsung S4 has Knox which will tattle on you should you need repairs. Once you begin rooting your warranty is void. Understand what that fully means before attempting

Sounds scary, but the reality is its not. Just don't be a tool and try and scam insurance or ATT if you hose it. Phone cost enough as is, losses on hardware are put on all of us.
    FxAkash likes this.

FxAkash no está en línea Stack level 1
    I couldn't find a perfect answer here. I also need it.

gadget84 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Root it, because it will give you some options to improve your mobile phone