Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What is the avg CPU temp running on 1ghz. Mine feels a bit hot. Seems ... Android Smartphones forum

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

What is the avg CPU temp running on 1ghz. Mine feels a bit hot. Seems to stay above 90f most of the time.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE53) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Pete has a beta out on alldroid for version 0.9 of bugless beast now, haven't tried it yet, but it's got more goodies
    Man! Just updated to 0.8 a few hours ago, its getting so you can't even go to sleep or you'll miss out...
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE53) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    What is the avg CPU temp running on 1ghz. Mine feels a bit hot. Seems to stay above 90f most of the time.
    I have my CPU set to 600mhz, medium brightness, with live walls running, and I stay around 84 to 89f. 90 isn't bad at all though. Some ROMs live in the 100s!lol Its really no need to overclock BB. Leave it at 600mhz and see how you like it. Its been quite fast for me but the Helix launcher helps out greatly with the speed of transitions. I'm gonna test the temp. performance and check back with you guys.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I never OC more than 800, and right now I am running at stock 550. I never reflashed the OC kernel after the last BB update and really don't think I need it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    After further testing, the highest it got was 89f and that was after playing music an hour straight, surfing, screen brightness on Max, live walls running, and a few calls. In stand by, it drops to 75F.
    Like Azstar, I would suggest going without the OC kernel if 90f is too high for you. But like I said before, 90f isn't that high at all.
    You can just reflash the BB update.zip(not the nanodroid) to get rid of the kernel. You don't have to wipe and lose your data. Just flash it over and you're good. BB comes clocked at 600mhz which is good enough.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Another thing, the live walls make everything work harder, so you will get even better performance without them. Temp. drops noticeably and battery life increases. When Im going to be using my phone heavy I cut them off. BB really takes off then.

anyone try v0.9 yet? is it worth getting off of v0.8?
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    anyone try v0.9 yet? is it worth getting off of v0.8?
    I have and it didn't seem like much of a difference, and as days went on I started to notice a few issues:

There were issues with some Apps, I have paid apps that no longer register as purchased, so if I wanted to use it or rather get it I would have to pay again.

The live Wallpaper worked fine for a few hours than all of a sudden all interactive Live wallpapers just stopped working and Forced Close whenever press.

Some of my Music Apps started having issues, Grooveshark would not even let me log in, and that is a definite No No, gotta have my Music when I want it.

And a couple of days ago, I was unable to answer any incoming call the android.phone message would force close whether Stock calls or Google voice.

So last night while at work, I did a full nandroid restore from a v.08 backup.

And now everything is back to Normal - No Issues.

oh that's too bad. just itching for something new. i'm completely happy with v0.8 though.
    Paolo
    Apple MacBook Pro

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey y'all.....not meaning to jump your thread, but y'all seem like knowledgeable folks and I need some direction. I just got an HTC Hero (cdma) and I need some help deciding if I should root, 2.1, etc.?? Do Droid ROMs work on Hero's?

Any direction you could give would be great.....I am an ex BB, WinMO user, so I am just getting used to Android.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Oh yes, I highly recommend rooting your Hero, as it will give you better performance and more options to customize. No, the Droid ROMs wont work, but theres plenty out there for your Hero. Here's a great site to start.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=519

Let us know how it goes.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Bugless Beast V1.0 has been released! Its updated in ROM Manager as well. Its running great so far.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

I installed yesterday, started downloading as soon as I saw Pete's tweet So far, running smooth, no issues yet.....I love his ROMs, they have been the best performing ones for me.
    Twitter? My Apps List

just flashed the smoked glass version. my LED notifications aren't working... what's the deal?!

edit: it only flashes when screen is off. that's dumb.
    Last edited by WhitePearlPXL; 05-03-2010 at 04:52 AM.
    Paolo
    Apple MacBook Pro

just flashed the smoked glass version. my LED notifications aren't working... what's the deal?!

edit: it only flashes when screen is off. that's dumb.

New change in 2.1....guess they figure if the screen is on you must be using/looking at the phone so the LED would be unnecessary
    Twitter? My Apps List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123