Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks for the heads up. V0.7 is so nice I haven't tried this yet. Off ... Android Smartphones forum

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up. V0.7 is so nice I haven't tried this yet.

Off topic, have you guys tried the Helix Launcher? If not, you're about to have a great Day. Go DL now from the market! Or get it from xda.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=645683

One of the biggest innovations for Android seen in awhile. The screen transitions are FAST.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE53) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    ok i'm feeling really dumb. i followed all the nandroid instructions, but i don't see where the "extracted folder (the ROM)" is.. when i extract it i get four files and i put them all into the "nandroid" folder on my sd card. what now? it tells me to select the rom in the recovery, but i don't see any "rom" to select....... ahhh! dying here.

after i reinstalled droidmod to take a look into my sd card, i see a folder has appeared in the "nandroid" folder that is named "preinstall-blahblahblah". so i went back into recovery and chose to use that folder as a restore. then it said unpacking data.tar and unpacking system.tar then it said (done)..

does that mean it's done? like.. that's it? i can just reboot?
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I Sent you a PM Whitepearl
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    I Sent you a PM Whitepearl
    hey thanks it worked! one problem though.. my SetCPU is only showing a max of 600 now. am i missing something?
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Cool you got it! Now You need to add an overclocking kernel. Ive only used Chevy's. You can find them here,

http://alldroid.org/threads/15921-Ch...re-(ERE25-Only)

Works for ERE53 as well
    Just rename to update.zip and flash. Theres A few to choose from but 1.25 ghz was too much for my Droid, it didnt run good at all, but up to 1.2 is great. As always, Nanodroid backup again before flashing just in case. Once you flash it go into set cpu, hit menu and select Auto detect.

Get that smoked glass theme too, its a simple flash, then get that Helix launcher from the market.
    Last edited by rdills; 03-15-2010 at 11:03 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I tried the helix launcher, it was ok but nothing exciting, tried the helix launcher 2 beta and holy force close loop batman! All it did was repeatedly force close, battery pull, deleted, reinstalled and same results. Then my phone was not the same the rest of the day, started getting force close pop ups on tons of stuff...was not able to so a proper shut down it would just hang until I did a battery pull. I ended up deleting helix, wiping the phone and reloading the ROM...now my DROID is happy again....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Helix 2 is only for the Nexus If I'm not mistaken. With the Helix launcher the screen transitions are noticeably better than the other launchers for the Droid. Also, 7 screens, app dock, screen previews. Not 1 single issue for me Azstar, its been unbelievable!

I'm guessing I'm supposed to delete the other update.zip before I flash the new kernel?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE53) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yes Of course. You could rename or move it too.

Now running 1ghz and live wallpapers! No lag! Thx a million rdillz

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Anytime W.P.!

Here's a killer theme for it if you like. Just update.zip and flash!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...e53-theme.html

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by izzy182 View Post
    where did you catch your DarkDroid Edition? does it have 7 screens? based on the ESE53 build?

Sorry haven't been over here in a few days, but here's the link DarkDroid and yes it does have 7 screens and no it was not based on ESE53 build.

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Its really hard to say one ROM is the best because the development community for the Droid moves so fast, and at any given moment, another build can come out and outdo what you thought was the best. So I'll just say this is the best right now. I say that after trying all of them and this Beast just stands out from the crowd.

http://alldroid.org/threads/16043-Bu...lable!-3-10-10

No screen shots in that link so I'll post mine.

Theres a list of the features in the link but the highlights for me are,
    Stable with no bugs that I can find. Its based on the 2.1 update for the Droid.
    Fast with no over-clocking. I mean FAST!
    Droid Neural Network live wallpaper made just for the Droid.
    Speed! Did I say this thing is fast? Live walls run smooth like regular wallpaper with no slowdown at all! They're also interactive without the buggy 2.1 launcher. This is a first.
    Temp. stays cool all the time.
    Finally got around to it, and it is a Beast! For sure...

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    Lol very guilty of that all the time! Anyway, I gotta try this, but I have to learn how to flash and wipe without droidmod updater!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    And with this App "The Bible" it makes it all the more easier to have an excuse I just wish Laridian would get on board with an Android version that would be the Best...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Pete has a beta out on alldroid for version 0.9 of bugless beast now, haven't tried it yet, but it's got more goodies
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast