Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 1 Post By jfcooley
  • 2 Post By catstide

I'd appreciate feedback on this issue from you experienced Android users as I have never ... Android Smartphones forum

RonWojcik no está en línea Stack level 1

Ringer Profiles for S4?

Advertisement

I'd appreciate feedback on this issue from you experienced Android users as I have never used one. On Phone Scoop, the S4 appears dominant. but it said that it lacked "Ringer Profiles" and the S3 apparently has this feature. And Sam's Club in Murietta, CA has the S3 for .64 cents with a 2 year contract on ATT. So, the attraction of the S3 is evident but the power and features of the S4 are compelling. Apparently the ringer profiles allows one to significantly tailor ring tones for callers, types of messages, texts, etc. Does the S4 have the ringer profile capability and Phone Scoop just missed it? Thanks for your feedback.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    S3 is a great device, but you have to ask yourself if ringer profiles are that important to you that you'd opt for that over the enhanced specs of the S4.
    jfcooley likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I can't speak for the S4, but there's an app for everything.

I love my s3, its great. However its being retired soon (Samsung announced last week) and I think if you're looking at a 2 year contract you should go with the newest device.

I'm sure you can find a way to get the profile set up you want.
    RogerG likes this.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Definitely go with the newest phone. As the good folks above have mentioned there's an app for that. I'm sure you will be able to customize the phone sounds to your liking.
    RogerG and jfcooley like this.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

RonWojcik no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the advice from you experienced Android users. I like the S4 a lot and am still getting used to it. And it does have the ringer profiles that I have been used to using with my BB.
    I noticed something odd this morning with respect to my yahoo account. I have received over 15 emails on my desktop with my yahoo account. However, none of these emails have been pushed to my phone. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

How did you set the account up, Ron? You'd need to go into the email app and check on how you set up the sync frequency. Chances are you'll need to either turn that on or change the setting.

That can be changed for each email account, by the way.