Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Originally Posted by delfim And another thing Dave. I'm sure your daughter will get the ... Android Smartphones forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    And another thing Dave. I'm sure your daughter will get the honors expected. Just don't you go and offer her an iPhone as a prize, like Roger did.
    Geez...
    It's what she asked for, not what I offered. She's as smart as her father.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^^

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Come on now, Dave. You can't say Apple is the ONLY one that espouses planned obsolescence. I recall a lot of pissed off BlackBerry users when they found out they wouldn't be able to use OS7 on their OS6 devices. And it will be the same the end of the year when BB10 comes out.

And how about the 'Droid users who will never be able to upgrade to ICS?

Hm?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Not a problem Rog. They can flog it and buy a new one. And you can upgrade with rooting and whatnot. It's that thing we do while you guys wait for jailbreaks... But ok, thats for us nuts...
    Dave, I'm glad you've been reading up on the untenable Macs...

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ Using glue to stick the memory to the board, special screws to stop the computer being opened up, batteries that are stuck as well is rather naughty in my opinion especially when you are looking at paying a minimum of $2300 for the low end and $3500 with the bigger hard drive, faster processor and 16Gb memory. Yes they say you can use the cloud (but only over WiFi cause the data charges will become prohibitive), how long will it be before cable and DSL providers start upping prices?? I looked at the MacBook Pro as I am due to upgrade my notebook and thought I should consider all options, I want "Power" but I also don't want to have a luggable any more getting to old for that, add on slim design, the MacBook Pro was very attractive (the $3500 model) but then their was the "it does not want to be violated by someone's sticky fingers changing a battery" syndrome. When I travel I like to carry 2 batteries just in case. Can't do it with this. So I will keep looking and save $3500
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    I have to say, it's only been a couple of days, but the battery is by far worse on my new device than it was on my BlackBerry. The screen is amazing! But unfortunately it does quite the number as far as battery life goes. I was also told that Facebook was/is a battery hog, so I removed it to see if I noticed any difference. The difference really wasn't that noticeable IMHO. I ended up replacing FB with the Android version of Social Scope, but I absolutely hate it so far. Looks like I will be going back to the FB app and just setting it up to check less frequently. Come next week I don't think it will be much of a problem because I have a charging cradle coming in the mail (something I got addicted to with my BB), so hopefully that will do the trick

But my email issue still seems to be resolved, so it must have just been something on Google's end because I'm getting all my mail just like I was on my BB. Hopefully it will stay that way LOL
    RogerG likes this.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Great. I'm glad Pinstack helped. Feel free to participate in our forums.

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaBratt View Post
    I have to say, it's only been a couple of days, but the battery is by far worse on my new device than it was on my BlackBerry. The screen is amazing! But unfortunately it does quite the number as far as battery life goes. I was also told that Facebook was/is a battery hog, so I removed it to see if I noticed any difference. The difference really wasn't that noticeable IMHO. I ended up replacing FB with the Android version of Social Scope, but I absolutely hate it so far. Looks like I will be going back to the FB app and just setting it up to check less frequently. Come next week I don't think it will be much of a problem because I have a charging cradle coming in the mail (something I got addicted to with my BB), so hopefully that will do the trick

But my email issue still seems to be resolved, so it must have just been something on Google's end because I'm getting all my mail just like I was on my BB. Hopefully it will stay that way LOL
    Pushes were also a problem on IOS for the Gmail app. They finally updated the app a few weeks ago, I bet the Android app got an update too. Since the update, I have not had any problems so I would imagine something similar for other devices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12