After using Best Skins Ever products, I had to switch. Nothing against BSE, but I ... Android Smartphones forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Phantom Skinz for Evo 3D - Mini review

Advertisement

After using Best Skins Ever products, I had to switch. Nothing against BSE, but I needed protection and they haven't started selling one for my device. I just couldn't wait any longer.

I've used Invisible Sheid, and was left wanting. The one I had didn't adhere well and had the dreaded orange peel effect. For 20 bucks I wasn't impressed.

So I did a little research and landed at the Phantom Skinz site. Like all sites now its clean and easy to navigate.

Phantom offers screen protection and whole device protection. Videos and printed instructions are available to give you an idea about installation.

For the 3D I ordered the screen and camera protector. The price was 9.99, but a quick internet search netted me 20% coupon. Free shipping meant it cost me less than 8 bucks to get it in just a week. Faster options are available but cost extra.

Installation is pretty straight forward if you've ever done this before. The package contains a clearly written set of instructions, card to use as a squeegee, a soft lint free cloth for cleaning, and 2 (yes 2) screen protectors. When you order certain products online, Phantom sends 2, just in case you mess up.

Warm water, little soap and patience are all you need to provide. I'm going to skip the actual installation since you can view it on their site. Ill say only that since it involves water and your device you must be careful.

Fit and finish are pretty good. The skin itself is a little thinner than InvisiSheild and BSE. The whole screen is covered, and it has a slightly grippy feel to it. Its not enough to interfere with swiping or typing.

It is a little cloudy now, however that should clear up as the skin dries.

Overall I'm impressed. I thought I'd miss the beloved BSE, but clearly Phantom has a great product.

I'd recommend Phantom Skinz with no problem.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Nice write-up, Jay, thanks!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Thanks for sharing Jay appreciate the feedback to our stackers who are looking for some protection

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Good review JFC!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well, after 2 days I can say I'm even more impressed.
    Totally smooth and clear. Really, except for the ever so slight grippyness (if you will) I wouldn't know its on there.
    I can feel the edge of the camera skin on the back, but its not distracting.

Very pleased. Very.