I have been using GDE, but still have several other home screen alternatives installed. I ... Android Smartphones forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Panda Home Updated, now have up to 11 Home Screens

Advertisement

I have been using GDE, but still have several other home screen alternatives installed. I saw an update in the Market for PandaHome so I decided to check it out again. They have added some major changes, you can now have up to 11 home screens, it is compatible with themes for several other home screen apps and there are many more customization tweaks. They also have added some things like scheduling wallpaper changes and hints of more things to come. I think it's worth another look for those who tried it a few weeks ago but dumped it.

PandaHome
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional
    If only it didn't still lag so horribly when returning to the home screen. It's getting better though. It's still the best out of all the ones I've tried. I'd really like to have more than 3 home screens but until the lag is finally resolved I'll still be using the default home.

Tucker
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'll have to check out the update. Thanks!

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    @ iridemybike
    You shouldn't have that much lag with the Droid just from a home replacement. Do you have a good task manager to tell you exactly what's going on?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; Behold2 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm not experiencing lag with it, GDE yes, but not Panda
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    @ iridemybike
    You shouldn't have that much lag with the Droid just from a home replacement. Do you have a good task manager to tell you exactly what's going on?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; Behold2 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
    Yes, I have a task manager application, there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary running. I'm testing out GDE now. It seems to be doing a little better, still some lag though, not sure what's causing it. The only thing that doesn't lag at all has been the default home screen. Otherwise, after using an app(browser for example) and returning to home screen I get a bad lag, often 10+ seconds of black before anything comes up.

Tucker
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I see. Open home has saved my life! Because if I was stuck with the (very unnecessary) touchwiz UI on the Behold 2, I would have returned after a few hours. But now I never have to see it again. Thank God!!! Thanks for the heads up on Panda home. About to give it a try.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by iridemybike View Post
    Yes, I have a task manager application, there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary running. I'm testing out GDE now. It seems to be doing a little better, still some lag though, not sure what's causing it. The only thing that doesn't lag at all has been the default home screen. Otherwise, after using an app(browser for example) and returning to home screen I get a bad lag, often 10+ seconds of black before anything comes up.

Tucker
    How much free RAM do you have available? If you have a good task manager it should tell you. Emphasis on good.lol

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    How much free RAM do you have available? If you have a good task manager it should tell you. Emphasis on good.lol
    21mb free and 12 processes running including the task manager app itself.

Tucker

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's running really well on my Droid, I could not be happier. It's very speedy and stable.

A great addition to a phone that continues to amaze me. I've had Zero problems since day one, an incredible statement for a first generation handset. No wonder they are selling so well. What I find even more exciting is the potential this phone has.

By this time next year it will truly be a game changer.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Yeah that's considered low. Under 20mb and I begin to see problems on all my Android devices. You shouldn't be that low as the Moto Droid has 256mb of RAM total. You should've had at least 100mb free When you first turned it on. Find out how much each process and app is using. Your answer lies there. 21mb from 256mb is too low. Also check your internal storage. In your settings menu under sd and phone storage. This is your storage for apps.

Another thing, keep all browser, market, and any other caches clean.
    Last edited by rdills; 12-05-2009 at 04:50 PM.

Overall internal memory free is around 180 mb down from an original 295.

Tucker