I've been playing around with this for the past few days, and every Iphone Fan ... Android Smartphones forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Oh My! GDE - The New Home Experience

Advertisement

I've been playing around with this for the past few days, and every Iphone Fan I showed it to was like "What App is that" and I just say sorry this is one of those "Droid Does and IDon't kinda thing". Check it, it is Awesome, just another reason why I Luv my Droid, some serious Personalization...

GDE - The New Home Experience

Last edited by azstar; 11-30-2009 at 12:41 AM. Reason: made video viewable via mobiles

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    OK so since I am new to the whole Droid seen with my new Motor Droid. I would have to say I am lost. What is this?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    A homescreen app. You can add free or paid homescreen apps that will add more functionality or additional home screens. You can even use more than one at once. So far I just have dxtop and pandahome. Just another way you can highly customize our Droid, many of these home screen apps have tons of free or cheap themes that work with them as well so you can really change things up.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I posted a thread on this about a week ago with a YouTube demo video. It is a great app which I use.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Sounds awesome, now next question how do I go about doing it. My intentions are not to upset anyone, I'm just new, just when I thought I had my Blackberries figured out, I went and changed platforms. It's like deja vu considering I just went from a company I had seven years with to brand new unknown territory........lol Go Figure.....
    So, if I could get a tutorial, step by step, or the link to the Youtube video mentioned above, I would be very greatful.....thank you all again. Exspecially Azstar for answering my initial question. You all Rock!!!

Cancel the Youtube Vid Request, it wasn't on the page viewing from my droid however when I logged at home with firefox there it was.....Sorry
    Last edited by Hank061978; 11-29-2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: I Goofed

Nevermind guys,
    I took the time to search and figure it out. Is Open Home out yet or am I reading updated articles....
    Hate me for everything I am before you love me for something I'm NOT!!!

Yes, open home is available in the market, I haven't tried it though. I'm trying this GDE though and it's pretty cool. A couple force closes and sometimes not real smooth, but no worse than dxtop or pandahome...maybe even better, need more time with it.

One tip when searching the market to reduce the number of items in your return list, for example searching "gde" brings up tons of themes, change search to "gde -theme" or when searching for "better keyboard" search "better keyboard -skin" etc, this will filter out unwanted items in your search and make it easier to fnd apps
    Twitter? My Apps List

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    That beat is SICK!

I suggest trying all the home replacements at least once if its updated for your device. Until they root the Moto Droid, its all you have as far as customization. GDE is nice.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Anyone know how to get to the open home app? When I search open home or "open home" or "open home - Skin", my results are only open home skins, but now main app. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hank061978 View Post
    Anyone know how to get to the open home app? When I search open home or "open home" or "open home - Skin", my results are only open home skins, but now main app. Thanks
    when I searched open home -skin it came up as the 13th app on the list, Open Home - Full , if you try it let me know how it is compared to the others
    Twitter? My Apps List

I like GDE much much better. The icons for open home are all smoked out (main icons; phone, maps, youtube, gallery etc). If your off the main home screen and on one of the sub home screens when you tap the home button the screen goes no where. You have to manually return to the main home screen by flicking left or right. the side Star App Dock is pretty cool click the star to get the dock to slide out and again to slide back in, but not cool enough to buy. The Clock is the same ole' analog clock however you can change the color if you download a font pack (some are paid, some are free). A memory cleaner Widget comes with it. Once you apply the widget just click on it and it frees up some memory. The transition between home screens was boring (not like GDE and the Cube effect.....I love that) These are just a few things a beginner noticed. My Android expertise is like a baby and learning to eat with a fork. This is just my opinion but I am sticking with GDE. It is the sexiest and most managable of them all and I paid for all of the except for the one you don't have to pay for. Hope it helps someone. My suggestion is to get it and if you don't like it then return it. That's pretty cool too. If you don't like an app just return it and get your money back. Beside I don't plan on downloading something I don't like twice......Thanks for all you guys and gals help here on the STACKS!!!!

-Hank

darel60 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi everyone.
    I bought new moto droid for me and want to give a dashing look by an elegant good skin on, So which website is best according to you for nice skins?

Motorola droid skins