Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

dont know if this is old or new news but in Ohio on the Fox ... Android Smartphones forum

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

NEXUS ONE TROUBLE

Advertisement

dont know if this is old or new news but in Ohio on the Fox station (28), they just talked about the new Nexus one phone and customer service being very poor, i guess they are getting a call a second with issues? they are now only helping people through email when they can.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Wonder what the issues are...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    ask
    they really didnt say but over at crackb in the android forums i guess things are getting hot? im going to check it out

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I'm sure they are getting a ton of call complaints from TMO customers wanting to know why they can't upgrade at the $180.00 price..

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ive heard it has problems with the 3g radio
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I think 3G is a hot topic but it's compounded by nothing in place to deal with questions.

I'm sure they will shift resources and work it out.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I'm not having any issues. 3G is strong.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

c4ptiv3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E986D9
    my 3G is hit or miss so far. They just rolled it out in our are and I have 1bar and most of the tiem it goes to GPRS. I keep it on wifi though. So no real complaints.

PIN/ID
    ask

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Wonder what the issues are...
    Issues? People that want someone to hold their hand.

It's new, and one has two choices. Spend the time to learn how to use what you just bought. Or complain about it and call for help. It's Android, NOT a BB, an iPhone, etc. It's different, duh.

My Droid is one of five that belong to myself and my friends, funny how not one of us has had a single problem of any consequence...heh!

In fact we were commenting that so far the only "problem" we've had is how much fun we are having and cannot seem to put them down.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    LOL. Yea. I think that is so true. I don't know how to do it because I'm so used to apple or a BB. Tell me how. This is my first android device and I must say that I like it better than any device I've owned so far. Does it do things different than other devices by all means. But its a learining curve with these devices. As far as 3G signal. I haven't had one issue. There are places that don't get great 3G service but this is the same for att also. This is in my city. This phone has been nothing but great right out of the box. Fastest,slickest looking device that has been in my hands. The people that have issues just don't want to take the time to learn a new way of getting about. Google seems to be a little more difficult than an iPhone I think because it gives you a lot more choices on how to do that one thing. Take the time to learn it. Remember when we
    all got our first BB's. LOL. What a learning curve that was coming from a phone to a smartphone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    LOL. Yea. I think that is so true. I don't know how to do it because I'm so used to apple or a BB. Tell me how. This is my first android device and I must say that I like it better than any device I've owned so far. Does it do things different than other devices by all means. But its a learining curve with these devices. As far as 3G signal. I haven't had one issue. There are places that don't get great 3G service but this is the same for att also. This is in my city. This phone has been nothing but great right out of the box. Fastest,slickest looking device that has been in my hands. The people that have issues just don't want to take the time to learn a new way of getting about. Google seems to be a little more difficult than an iPhone I think because it gives you a lot more choices on how to do that one thing. Take the time to learn it. Remember when we
    all got our first BB's. LOL. What a learning curve that was coming from a phone to a smartphone.
    no kidding i have had my first bb for just about a year, in that time i have purchased 4 of them all different models and ages a couple windows mobile phones and a older Palm. yea im hooked!! but the thing for me is learning the device, its just fun!

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Looking at the comments in that article posted by camshafter, it seems that HTC has firmware issues (again)? That may be a recurring problem when you release a device that isn't locked into a specific carrier. At some point they will release a firmware update to fix it, but how will they communicate that to the masses? How will the update be handled? (God bless them, Apple has iTunes to distribute those sorts of things and that takes the guess work out of it for the majority of the casual users.)

Does Google have a centralized update mechanism? If they don't, they sure need one. Until they do, they will never surpass Apple & the iPhone for user satisfaction. (99% of the issues people complain about in reference to the iPhone are network related, NOT usability/functionality related.) They need to make it easy for the average user to use, maintain and update the device. This is where Apple has an edge. By limiting and controlling the HW, they make it much easier on themselves to keep the OS updated because they don't have to deal with as many HW variants as Android & WinMo.
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post

LOL! It will keep getting better everyday too. And Unlike the idont, Android becomes your own personal OS.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    T-Mobile acknowledges 3G problem.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...nius+Report%29
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast