I have downloaded the Google news & weather widget (genie widget) from the Nexus One ... Android Smartphones forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Nexus One news/weather widget

Advertisement

I have downloaded the Google news & weather widget (genie widget) from the Nexus One onto my Moto Droid and it works great. It is very configurable, use it for just news, just weather(the weather channel) or both. Customize the news by adding your own key words and select from a list of news options already configured.

I am using the widget with news and weather, tap the weather icon and it brings up the weekly forcastand you can also see a graph showing temperature range and precipitation amounts. It also has a built in shortcut to the weather channel site. The news widget scrolls through news headlines right on your home screen, see one that grabs your attention just tap it and it will open to that news section with that headline highlighted for easy viewing.

For instructions and download link hit this thread on XDA. Very easy, no rooting required (yay for me)

Last edited by azstar; 12-20-2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: added images
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I'm so jealous right now, i cant wait for the nexus to come out so i can get on android. , thanks for the tips, my brother is coming into town for christmas so i'll get to play around with the droid.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hi Azstar - with so many news coming from you, and from Google, on the Android, i'm gonna take the plunge and try it out. This time I'm gonna buy one instead of having one for a day, like I did in October 09.
    I'm weary of the sync. From Oulook, where do you go? To Google (Gmail) for contacts and calendar ? Will all the info get through?
    Give me some pointers please !
    Cheers !

OK, screen shots added, I'm having so much fun with this phone!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Hi Azstar - with so many news coming from you, and from Google, on the Android, i'm gonna take the plunge and try it out. This time I'm gonna buy one instead of having one for a day, like I did in October 09.
    I'm weary of the sync. From Oulook, where do you go? To Google (Gmail) for contacts and calendar ? Will all the info get through?
    Give me some pointers please !
    Cheers !

I was not an outlook user before so I can't help you there. I can tell you that my gmail accounts were super easy to set up and work beautifully as I would expect. Yahoo is giving me fits (keeps saying wrong username and password but it's correct), and my msn email addy was easy to set up, but it's buggy, if I don't open an email it will keep notifying me of a new message but it's just the unread. If I mark it read it often reverts back to unread it's own and re-notifies me as if new again. Not a biggie, my yahoo addy is more for spam stuff anyway and the gmail addys are my main ones anyway. I think Google leaves it buggy intentionally so we will convert completely to the Google side

I had been syncing my calendar events with yahoo calendar via the desktop manager with BB but I just imported them to google from yahoo on my laptop and it synced them all to my droid
    Twitter? My Apps List

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    It is a great news and weather App, but I will say, get it while you can cause I've seen other sites take it down with little to no explanation.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ... Well what I have to worry about is making sure all my calendar, tasks, notes and contact list goes through cleanly and completely! If not, no go for Android ... I'll try with Google Gmail before I buy . Thanks Azstar !

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I have downloaded the Google news & weather widget (genie widget) from the Nexus One onto my Moto Droid and it works great. It is very configurable, use it for just news, just weather(the weather channel) or both. Customize the news by adding your own key words and select from a list of news options already configured.

I am using the widget with news and weather, tap the weather icon and it brings up the weekly forcastand you can also see a graph showing temperature range and precipitation amounts. It also has a built in shortcut to the weather channel site. The news widget scrolls through news headlines right on your home screen, see one that grabs your attention just tap it and it will open to that news section with that headline highlighted for easy viewing.

For instructions and download link hit this thread on XDA. Very easy, no rooting required (yay for me)

If there is enough interest, I have the apk for putting it onto G1, MT3g (my touch). I could just put together a MetaMorph zip, allowing easy installation through MetaMorph rather than a flash update- I have it on my G1, and it is great just as described above- Chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Chris - I'd love to get this on my mt3g!
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

nixiangqian no está en línea Stack level 1
    it‘s cool,i used to be a lucky guy and used it