Hi Guys, I thinking of getting an unlocked Nexus One for use in Ontario (Canada) ... Android Smartphones forum

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile Nexus One in Canada

Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I thinking of getting an unlocked Nexus One for use in Ontario (Canada) with Rogers. I know that I only will get edge and not 3g. But will it let me sync my mail which is pop. Will my data and everything else work since the phone is unlocked and I have a data plan on my sim card. I am a newbie with Droid, but I am sick and tired of all the battery pulls etc with my blackberry. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Rumor has it, that a Nexus One with the correct frequencies for your 3G IS in the works. (or so I just read today) so you might want to wait a bit. You data should work fine, and you should be able to configure your email. If not then you may be able to set up a forward to a gmail account.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

Thanks for the reply, I think I will wait. Having 3G will make a big difference.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I'm also in Ontario (Toronto), I wanted to get the Nexus one as well, but many people are just saying to wait. If you do end up getting it, let me know because I would love to get first person feedback about the capabilities rather than what people think will happen.

Does anybody have any feedback on data usage in Canada with the Nexus One. I have heard that you can use 1g of data in almost 2 weeks. Can anybody concur????Thanks

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlee View Post
    Does anybody have any feedback on data usage in Canada with the Nexus One. I have heard that you can use 1g of data in almost 2 weeks. Can anybody concur????Thanks
    Depends what you're doing. If you're a habitual youtuber or app and song downloader, then it's possible to use 1gb of data. Also, keep in mind these phones are always communicating with servers and etc. Get unlimited if you can and I too will tell you to wait til it launches on your carrier's band.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

bernapelle no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi everybody,

any idea of how much does shipping and handling to Ontario cost, including import taxes and fees?

google.com support page doesn't say anything on that

many thanks...

bp

I've been reading on other chats that expect to pay anywhere from $80 or more and it's due when your phone is being dropped off by the courier service.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    I just got my Nexus one last week, I use it on bell, works great, I had to pay 36.25 when DHL dropped it off, but the whole purchase was worth it...Made it to my house in just under 30hrs from time of ordering.

It runs full 3G and the 2.1 OS is awesome, the snapdragon is fast with the 512mb of mem.......too bad they only ship it with a 4gb card, I already had an 8 waiting for it...

Cheers!
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

So what was the total cost for the Nexus One from USA to Canada. I'm glad to hear you are liking the phone. I'm torn between waiting for Apple's new iPhone in June, the new Sony X10 coming to Rogers anytime now and of course the Nexus One. Time will tell with what I decide to purchase. Glad to hear your liking your new phone.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    came to like 614 CAD then 36CAD in duty....well worth it tho....
    "good things come to tho's who wait"