I've heard if you buy a Nexus One in the USA and activate it in ... Android Smartphones forum

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

Nexus One 3G in Canada?

Advertisement

I've heard if you buy a Nexus One in the USA and activate it in Canada, you will only be able to get EDGE.

I know that a 3G issue was just fixed for the device, but will the device now be able to get 3G coverage in Canada?

I've heard rumours about the device coming to WIND mobile here but as of right now, unlocked devices cannot be activated on their network. Would you be able to get 3G coverage on Bell, Rogers, Fido or Telus? I assume the frequencies are the same for the carriers so why wouldn't the device work? I also heard the device comes unlocked so I assume nothing would be "disconfigured" in an unlocking process.

Does anyone have any answers for me?
    Thanks!

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Giving this a bump...

Mobile Empire no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    Giving this a bump...
    From my understanding until the AT&T version is released the unlocked version sold now only supports T-Mobile 3G bands. So if you are to get one of the Devices currently available you will only be using EDGE for data.

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Empire View Post
    From my understanding until the AT&T version is released the unlocked version sold now only supports T-Mobile 3G bands. So if you are to get one of the Devices currently available you will only be using EDGE for data.
    Thank you, I really appreciate this!