I have added to my keyboard collection on my Droid. I am already running the ... Android Smartphones forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

New Touch Screen Keyboard for Android: ThickButtons

Advertisement

I have added to my keyboard collection on my Droid. I am already running the 2.1 Android keyboard, the HTC and Swype keyboards, and now have added another. It's called ThickButtons, you can download it from the Market for free. I believe it works on 1.6 and higher.

This keyboard uses predictive text and as you type out your word it makes the most likely to be used keys bigger and shrinks the ones it believes you won't use. If you are typing a word it doesn't recognize it will stop enlarging/shrinking keys and will look like a normal keyboard. Just like the Android keyboard you can long press new words to add them to the dictionary so it improves accuracy over time. I'm not sure this is a keeper for me yet, but it's interesting to play with

Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Hmmm, Going to check this out now.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE53) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Same here, looking at it now. Good find AZSTAR

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Lawd knows I need some bigger keys gonna check that out now, Thanks.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE53) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

cyberpyr8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I like how responsive it is, but the keys moving around makes me miss the keys if I am typing fast. It also doesn't have the ?!@ and numbers if you do a long press. I wish the swype keyboard was as fast to respond as Thickbuttons. I am staying with Thickbuttons for now since it doesn't miss many key presses.

bryer1999 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30CAC076
    I am unable to get thick buttons through the market, is it available for the HTC Hero or is it only available for certain models?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Requires Android 1.6 or higher, your Hero running 1.5?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

AndroidUser no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been using ThickButtons for a few days now and I really like it.

It's really just a matter of giving it a chance and being patient while one adapts to the differences. Overall I'm finding it as fast, if not faster than the others I've tried.

Moreover it's a reminder of just why I bought an Android based phone. It's completely customizable.

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    I tried this and I do like the concept, but it just seemed too difficult for me to adapt to. After going from ThickButtons back to the stock Android keyboard I seem to go faster.

LinkBacks (?)