Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hello, I have right now a HTC Droid Eris through Verizon... a few questions.. What ... Android Smartphones forum

Juggalette09 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question New to Android! Please Help!

Advertisement

Hello,

I have right now a HTC Droid Eris through Verizon... a few questions..
    What are some really cool apps a must have for an android
    How do Install themes? I see aHome but not sure how to do it...
    the better keyboard, i read good and bad, i heard it records what is being typed... is it worth the 2.99??

I will have my new Motorola Droid tommorrow in the mail, I'm sure I will have tons of questions on that too.

The battle between the droids begins tommorrow! I've only had my Droid Eris since saturday night and I love it!!! but there's a few cons I don't... so we'll see!
    - Juggalette09

--------------
    LG EnV3

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Here's a good place to start with apps:
    http://download.cnet.com/2701-13885_...?tag=mncol;txt

I'll let the Android smartphone junkies answer the rest. Enjoy!

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    The Moto Droid is more powerful, huge screen, better camera, physical keyboard, and its running Android 2.0.1 vs 1.5 on the Eris.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Yes, I really like so far what I've seen in "youtube" vids of the Motorola Droid!!! but when I was able to buy the Eris for 180 bucks I figured ****, might as well So, my Droid I bought will be here tommororw. I really don't like how Eris don't have a flash... for one! Ah, I can't wait to try out the Google Maps through M Droid, that looks KILLER AMAZING! lol Hmmm, what else lol!

I do like Android more than BB now though, so I couldn't pass up the oppurtunit to have TWO android phones, **** if I get bored with one, switch to the other :P haha! (pardon my french)

I LOVE the Handcent SMS LOVE IT!!!! I hope the M Droid has something even better... haha so far I really like my Eris! just wanna find out MORE of what it has to offer
    - Juggalette09

--------------
    LG EnV3

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    ChompSMS is a cool app, and I think a must have as well.

Isn't ChompSMS kinda like Handcent SMS? I had ChompSMS downloaded for ahwile til I found the Handcent one, and I love it! So much customization!!!
    - Juggalette09

--------------
    LG EnV3

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have a moto droid. Here are my must have apps:

handcent for sms
    tweetcaster for twitter
    dolphin browser
    apps organizer
    astro file manager
    barcode scanner
    mabilo wallpaper
    missed call
    more icons widget
    pandora
    places
    shazam
    picsay photo editor
    ringdroid
    tv.com

I have over 100 other apps too
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

This might be a stupid question, but it seems more and better apps are available for the M Droid than the HTC Droid Eris!!! is this true???
    - Juggalette09

--------------
    LG EnV3

Most if not all of the apps I listed I think work for the Eris, there are some for Droid/nexus one only due to better screen, or because of higher software version.
    Twitter? My Apps List

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalette09 View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but it seems more and better apps are available for the M Droid than the HTC Droid Eris!!! is this true???

Not a stupid question at all, but since most devices are supposed to be upgrading to the latest OS version, I doubt the developers will continue to work on apps for the older 1.5 version. Just my thought anyway.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

We'll today my Motorola Droid will be here! now, the battle between the phones begin! Haha, To bad I don't have two smart phone plans, because it would make this much easier! haha but I wanna see how massive the M droid is compaired to my HTC ERIS... I love the Eris, now lets see what M Droid can do with the 2.0 OS and, I heard there's a 2.0.1? maybe I am wrong, I read it somewhere.... hmmm
    - Juggalette09

--------------
    LG EnV3

2.0.1 has been out for a while, your device will probably come with it, not much difference between the two other than bug fixes. Let us know which of the devices you like. One good tip for you, if you use the youtube app on the Moto Droid, as soon as the video begins to play, hit the menu softkey then go to more, then select watch in high quality. Really amazing quality especially for movie and video game trailers...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Thanks, I'll have to look into that! We'll right now, as far as I know about the Motorola Droid, the only bad I heard was the keyboard takes awhile to get used to, flat key's... but I have the LG Tritan, and even that keyboard took awhile to get used to lol. The google maps navagation I really like in the M Droid, there's even a FLASH, lol Now, the HTC takes good pictures, but holding that tiny trackball and try and take a picture of yourself is a task in itself lmao! Because you can take while holding the screen but kinda hard that way too lol If your going to have a nice camera in a phone, might wanna add a flash just my opinion! I love the ball in the HTC Droid Eris though, that's why I fell inlove with BB's, but not anymore I'm 100% android now lol Have to be, I just spend 400 on the M Droid and 180 on the Eris LMAO okay, I love technology! anyways, I will have tons of questions as soon as my M Droid gets here for sure! I noticed with the Droid Eris, you have to keep checking on things... facebook, email it don't update as soon as it comes in, its in "intervals" now this is nice at some point, but I like to know things as it happens.... but that's just me! I also heard the Facebook on the M Droid is 10x better as well than on Eris.... I am huge on my facebook, and the ERis is alright but I have to keep checking it.. blah! I do love the notifications menu though, brilliant!

Okay well I have a doctors appointment, blah hopefully my phone arrives soon!
    - Juggalette09

--------------
    LG EnV3

The facebook app is meh on the DROID too, thank goodness for email notifications of comment replies!
    Twitter? My Apps List

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    The facebook app is meh on the DROID too, thank goodness for email notifications of comment replies!
    I agree, i use the mobile or touch site through the browser for FB/MS, the app doesnt let you customize at all , the iPhone App was better IMO.

But as far as apps. just scroll down the list when you get the phone, there are plenty of ones that you can try, alot of them are free apps. I always said, if there is an app that you have to pay for, sometimes there is a free/demo version of it, and if you like it and use it enough, then decide then if you want to pay for it. Just wish the Android Store would have screen shots along with the user reviews.

I have the Droid Eris, the 3.2" screen is perfect for me, yes id love the 3.7" Moto DROID screen. But coudlnt see spending the extra $120 on top of my decently priced $79.99 eris for a larger screen, full keyboard and the extra 22mhz processor. The Eris is 528mhz over 100mhz faster then my old iPhone 3G. So it was a great change and in some cases an upgrade.

Hope you like and enjoy the Droid OS. I do, and 2.0/2.0.1 is rumored to come to the ERIS and HERO here soon.... just crossing my fingers.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast