Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The iphone isn't even 3g so what's the point switching to it. Ill hold out ... Android Smartphones forum

limatables no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2435DFD7

Re: NEW iPHONE POLL SAYS 55% WILL GIVE UP THEIR BB

Advertisement

The iphone isn't even 3g so what's the point switching to it. Ill hold out for the 8300~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: NEW iPHONE POLL SAYS 55% WILL GIVE UP THEIR BB

Quote Originally Posted by limatables
    The iphone isn't even 3g so what's the point switching to it. Ill hold out for the 8300~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Who says the BB 8300 is 3G?

FYI: From Boy Genius:

There has been a little bit of confusion with the 8300 series and I just got some new info from one of my sources to try and clear things up. Please note before we begin that device specs and hardware do change before final production, but this is most likely very accurate. I reported here that the unit I have had GPS. It has a GPS option in the options menu, yet doesn't work because this unit apparently doesn't have GPS hardware. There has been talk about T-Mobile 8300 test devices with GPS and WiFi built in. Why the drama? Well, here we go! There are 3, yes 3 versions of the 8300. The 8300, 8320, and 83xx. Code names are Baby Bear, Mama Bear, and finally Papa Bear respectively. My unit is code named "Baby Bear" hence no GPS and WiFi (please no comments from the peanut gallery). Why RIM would go to such outlandish lengths to ever confuse the consumer with 3 more variations of the same model is beyond me — one 8300 device guys. Also don't confuse the 8320 with the 8820 which will be the regular 8800-style device except with WiFi. I completely agree with RIM's strategy to differentiate the business oriented lines, and consumer lines as much as possible. I really do. Releasing the 8800 first after the Pearl was a great idea — show that you didn't leave the corporate and business market behind. Enter the 8300. Great! But why RIM. Why Jim? Why Mike? Can't you release just one 8300! Quick rundown below.

8800 (No Camera, GPS)
    8820 (No Camera but WiFi and GPS)
    8300 (Camera, no WiFi, no GPS)
    8320 (Camera, WiFi)
    83xx (Camera, WiFi, GPS)
    9xxx (Don't get me started)

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

and after they have played with the touch screen they will be back. I had three Palms and eventually went to a 4350 pocket pc because I wanted an actual keypad, now BB all the way. RIM's market share is heavily corporate and even BusinessWeek speculated that the corporate consumer won't like abandon their BlackBerry for the iPhone.

I think Apple better keep its eyes on Google.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by onlindis10
    and after they have played with the touch screen they will be back. I had three Palms and eventually went to a 4350 pocket pc because I wanted an actual keypad, now BB all the way. RIM's market share is heavily corporate and even BusinessWeek speculated that the corporate consumer won't like abandon their BlackBerry for the iPhone.

I think Apple better keep its eyes on Google.
    onlindis10, I too remember the early, and recent, touchscreen Palm phones, but that technology has come leaps and bounds since then. Secondly, RIM is not just in the corporate market...they did not create the Pearl for the typical corporate BES user. They are fighting to expand as witnessed by the inclusion of cameras, etc. The gloves are off when the iPhone hits the market!

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

I think its easier for RIM/BB to break into the consumer market (ie, inclusion of camera, media player, etc) than it is for the iPhone to break into the corporate market. I don't see the iPhone as a threat to BB - its a device which I think alot of people might want to complement thier BB's. the iPhone just isn't going to replace the BB for heavy email users - with allt he great features, I honestly can't see how a virtual keyboard is going to replace a real one. People are very preferential with thier keyboards - they find one they like and they stick with it - to such an extent that the OS is secondary to them. (Not everyond mind you, but I've spoken to quite a few people who choose a device solely based on it since they use it so much!).

This may sound like a silly comparison - but its like a car to an SUV. Both do the same thing - get you from one place to another quickly, both have lots of features and gadgets and do basically the same thing - but it comes down to preference and style..

jhoetzl no está en línea Stack level 2

A consumer poll vs. business poll would be the difference. A lot of people who vote on forum polls are not BES Admins, and for me, when AES isn't just an acronym for a type of encryption, and when Apple has an AES for Domino (Don't hold your breath - you might turn blue and die), I'll look at v2 of it...
    BES Admin, BB User, Factotum
    Curve 8320 OS: 4.2.2.184 (338) on T-mobile
    BES v4.1.5 w/Lotus 7.0.2

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

I'm not suggesting for a moment that the consumer market and the corporate market are one and the same their not. The age demographic is different, the spend level is different. I also remember trying to type out a message on my Palms with my stylus. If you send emails of four or five words okay maybe it won't be an issue. I send emails as long as the one's I send on my laptop but once again I fall into the corporate category because I use mine for business.

We can banter all we want, the proof will be when all units hit the street including Google and the new products from Motorola and who ever buys Palm. Hopefully it will mean cheaper technology for us all.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i will never give up my blackberry. i dont care if they came out with a phone that had a 5mp camera, 500gb hard drive. air condition, 300 horse power.. a blackberry is what i know and love. and i will have one maybe even 2 for the rest of my life. ats just me..

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Nicky88xx, its great you are so committed to your 8800. I felt the same way when I got my 8700, but the lack of Mac support by RIM is unfortunate. I really do not blame them as Mac users are a very small part of their core business, but it is really disappointing that they license and then release sync software that is not quite ready for prime time....it goes against everything they have done to build and operate a strong OS and desktop relationship. That combined with no desktop manager, no way to upgrade the OS except on a Windows machine, etc...too long of a list.

I also think RIM will do fine in the "consumer" market...the Pearl is a great phone and very unique in the marketplace.

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8

the i phone sucks it's more railroaded then palm

daytondb no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241BDB4A

I just read today that when your IPhone battery dies you have to send your phone in plus $85 to get it replaced! You also have the option to rent a phone for $29 while your phone is away. That sucks. I thinkl I will stick with my BBerry.

daytondb no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241BDB4A

The same magazine had a section on phones that they called "IPhone Killers" and the 8320 was one of them!

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by daytondb
    I just read today that when your IPhone battery dies you have to send your phone in plus $85 to get it replaced! You also have the option to rent a phone for $29 while your phone is away. That sucks. I thinkl I will stick with my BBerry.
    No way!!! What kinda stuff is that? It's a nice device, but to have to pay that kinda price for battery replacement...and be without your phone??? No thanks! I'll stick with my berry (and my iPod Touch...what can I say, I do like the iPods...)

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I have a BB and iPhone now. No need to give any phones up. Just a matter of what I need at the time. I also keep a Sidekick and WM phone in my "rotation". I am addicted to phones! The iPhone is a nice phone with multimedia.

*Notice I didn't call it a smartphone or PDA

michaelsmall123 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Blackberry forever Baby !!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast