Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

allblackberry.com Category: Polls :: admin :: March 5, 2007 The iPhone generates a lot of ... Android Smartphones forum

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow NEW iPHONE POLL SAYS 55% WILL GIVE UP THEIR BB

Advertisement

allblackberry.com
    Category: Polls :: admin :: March 5, 2007

The iPhone generates a lot of debate for a device that hasn’t even been released yet. Since Apple’s announcement of its release, a lot of people have been taking a look at the iPhone, and there is a lot of anticipation. Including the 66% of our poll respondents who said that there is an iPhone in their future. A surprising 55% of those say that they’ll even (gasp!) give up their BlackBerry. Should RIM be worried?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: NEW iPHONE POLL SAYS 55% WILL GIVE UP THEIR BB

I wonder what the results would be in a scientific poll?

scampbell185 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24210A68

I don't think that they should be worried. This iphone deal is probably going to have some software issues that people will get frustrated with and decide to stick with their bb's. I know I don't want it. Looks like to many problems to possibly happen.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Well according to a poll a few weeks back on pinstack most of us will stay with BB.

Check it out here

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: NEW iPHONE POLL SAYS 55% WILL GIVE UP THEIR BB

Quote Originally Posted by peguero
    Well according to a poll a few weeks back on pinstack most of us will stay with BB.

Check it out here
    There were only 90 people in that poll...not much to go on, but it is probably representative on some level. I just think its interesting what the numbers are on a Blackberry website!!

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

If you survey the right people, you could probably conceive of a poll that would say that 100% of users polled would trade their BB for a iPhone. A poll here is obviously going to be skewed towards users that are against the iPhone. A poll of people on an apple message board would do vice versa. Nothing scientific about it and no reason to read into numbers like this.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Who is going to be looking at articles about the iPhone? Most of the people are already interested in it, that is why they are looking at the articles or information. Makes it a lot more likely to see results that will be skewed in the favor of iPhone.

I am not interested, and I do not have time to be looking for more infomration. So someone like myself, who will keep a BlackBerry, will not be voting in these polls.

Let's not forget the large number of users who do not get an option because they are on BES and thier work provides the BB.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by mcashman
    If you survey the right people, you could probably conceive of a poll that would say that 100% of users polled would trade their BB for a iPhone. A poll here is obviously going to be skewed towards users that are against the iPhone. A poll of people on an apple message board would do vice versa. Nothing scientific about it and no reason to read into numbers like this.
    True, but THIS poll was taken on a Blackberry website asking "Will you be getting an iPhone" and 55% said YES. No matter what you skew one way or another, that is a significant percentage for a Blackberry users site!!

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Interesting poll news but like everything apple does I think I'll wait for the 2nd gen iphone b/c apple always make the 2nd gen way better then the 1st gen hands down.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

And.. thats only 161 people.. (including me).. sorry - but thats not really a scientific poll..

Here's the findings from another poll (pcworld.com), which states only 26% of thier voters would buy an iPhone... so polls that small are unreliable. (There was 379 in this poll):

Among the 26 percent of respondents who said they're likely to buy an iPhone, only 1 percent said they'd pay $500 for it. When Apple introduced the iPhone in January, it said it would cost $500 on the low end.

Forty-two percent of those who said they're likely to buy the phone said they'd pay $200 to $299.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Sorry to disagree with you his811, but whether it's 161 or 379 people...neither one is scientific, so the percentages are fairly useless. My point was that it was a Blackberry website...that is what I found interesting. Most of the major analysts have already committed to a "Buy" on Apple stock. Figure it out...the latest prediction is Apple will sell over 8 mil phones in the first 6 months. This is the real poll. And as for the price..$499, same price as the BB8800 and it is still unknown what rebate and contract concession ATT will make on the phone. No difference.

Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    And.. thats only 161 people.. (including me).. sorry - but thats not really a scientific poll..

Here's the findings from another poll (pcworld.com), which states only 26% of thier voters would buy an iPhone... so polls that small are unreliable. (There was 379 in this poll):

Among the 26 percent of respondents who said they're likely to buy an iPhone, only 1 percent said they'd pay $500 for it. When Apple introduced the iPhone in January, it said it would cost $500 on the low end.

Forty-two percent of those who said they're likely to buy the phone said they'd pay $200 to $299.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

The 8800 can be had directly from Cingular for $299 (with rebates and appropriate contract) - Apple already said that thier prices are pretty much locked in and you shouldn't expect it to be any less than what they've advertised... Obviously the sales the first few months will dictate if thats going to change...

But - with that said, I will agree with your opinion about it being an interestingly high percentage considering its a blackberry website... BUT - with that said, how many "casual" blackberry owners have a blackberry because its the 'latest and greatest' and will gladly jump ship when the newest 'latest and greatest' comes out. For multimedia, I'd agree it'll be better suited than any of the current BB's - but for email - I don't see it being a competitor.

I've said it before (in the Mac forum) - I'm a die hard mac fanboy, and while I like the concept of the iPhone and I'm glad its out and will hopefully raise the bar (no Cingular pun intented) for other manufacturers (RIM included) - I don't see the iPhone being able to replace what my BB does, in the manner I'd like it to.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

In the end, they are both $500 phones....a 2-year contract is why the 8800 can be bought for less. This will be the case for the iPhone too, if not right away, very soon after. Price is really not a factor at all even though others go on about it.

It was really my only point, but I laughed that you responded...good to see your comments hit the board! Its too bad they closed the poll on this site at 90 people.

You might be underestimating the number of people always looking for the new phone...the Razor, the Pebble, etc. The iPhone is afterall..an iPod. Apple has made a good fortune selling everyone the latest version of the iPod even when the last model they had still played music just fine.

Of all people, I'm waiting to see if you buy one! I think its going to replace your Pearl much easier than my 8700g. No, the coporate BES users are unaffected....its everyone else!!

Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    The 8800 can be had directly from Cingular for $299 (with rebates and appropriate contract) - Apple already said that thier prices are pretty much locked in and you shouldn't expect it to be any less than what they've advertised... Obviously the sales the first few months will dictate if thats going to change...

But - with that said, I will agree with your opinion about it being an interestingly high percentage considering its a blackberry website... BUT - with that said, how many "casual" blackberry owners have a blackberry because its the 'latest and greatest' and will gladly jump ship when the newest 'latest and greatest' comes out. For multimedia, I'd agree it'll be better suited than any of the current BB's - but for email - I don't see it being a competitor.

I've said it before (in the Mac forum) - I'm a die hard mac fanboy, and while I like the concept of the iPhone and I'm glad its out and will hopefully raise the bar (no Cingular pun intented) for other manufacturers (RIM included) - I don't see the iPhone being able to replace what my BB does, in the manner I'd like it to.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    There were only 90 people in that poll...not much to go on, but it is probably representative on some level. I just think its interesting what the numbers are on a Blackberry website!!
    A poll of 90 people is statistically worthless... A freshman-level stats student should be able to tell you that much.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    A poll of 90 people is statistically worthless... A freshman-level stats student should be able to tell you that much.
    I agree with you...the only interesting part for me was that the poll was taken on a Blackberry website. Its on allblackberry.com and is up near 175 people with the same results.
    Last edited by wclyffe; 03-14-2007 at 08:20 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast