Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

adding to the disappointment its also has to do with our service (t-mobile) has not ... Android Smartphones forum

pealingscab no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

adding to the disappointment its also has to do with our service (t-mobile) has not added any new phones so you go to the latest model or the newest thing where i live we dont even have 3g network going so iam switching service to verizon where theres a varity of new phones for instance the Storm so peace tmobile you suck

angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the g1 browser blows away the bb browser. An of course there's bugs.lol I've gone thru 6 bbs.an lol at people complaining about how it looks.the bb is a rectangle oooh lol.I got tired of waiting for updates on my bb,then new new models come out.if ya all about buisness,stick with ya bb.rim should think about usin android.

johnio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f77784
    I've had the G1 for 3 weeks and returned it.
    Its NOTHING like a Blackberry. The G1 is more of an upgraded Sidekick, I'm sorry but its true. The apps are okay the signal strength is great (wifi/3G/EDGE), the keyboard is not all responsive and the camera is a joke.
    The browser is sort of neat, but it will not let you organize your bookmarks and crashes a lot.
    I would compare this to the sidekick family and say this is a great touch screen sidekick and leave it at that. The gmail service is in no comparison to BB mail and with the G1 my messages were not instant. One message arrived 2 days later!!

In closing, I will not recommend the G1 to anyone I care about nor suggest it to strangers.

Blackberry is a smartphone and indeed is smarter choice then the current G1.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind

good luck To Google

They can do what they want,
    They can try at will,
    But no matter what,
    I'll love my Berry still.

obsidian no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2162b5fd
    I got to play with the g1 before it cam out.
    It's probably the best first generation device i've seen. I love the browser, especially how you can open multiple windows and move between them. But the rest is mediocre. And anything I can't load my beejiveIM onto is worthless. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by johnio View Post
    Its NOTHING like a Blackberry. The G1 is more of an upgraded Sidekick, I'm sorry but its true. The apps are okay the signal strength is great (wifi/3G/EDGE), the keyboard is not all responsive and the camera is a joke.
    The browser is sort of neat, but it will not let you organize your bookmarks and crashes a lot.
    I would compare this to the sidekick family and say this is a great touch screen sidekick and leave it at that. The gmail service is in no comparison to BB mail and with the G1 my messages were not instant. One message arrived 2 days later!!

In closing, I will not recommend the G1 to anyone I care about nor suggest it to strangers.

Angry.
    Black.
    Berry.
    User.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnio View Post

Ok, so BB has the G1 beat on email. Not a big deal when the G1 win in every other catagory! And now that the word is out on the storm (trash), pls stop hatin on this phone! 3 weeks isnt long enough to see what the G1 can really do. the real apps dont hit til Jan 09.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I'm enjoying my G1.

However that said, I did the research and understood what this phone was all about _ before_ i purchased it. I believe that too many people did not take the time to do the research and made either an impulse buy, or one that was simply not very well thought out. The G1, was never aimed at any other smartphone. It was not designed to compete with any other mobile operating system. For one to enjoy the G1, you must understand what it's designed to do. Once you have that knowledge then it's possible to truly enjoy the phone. This is a revolutionary new concept, built around not only Android but Google services. In no way should it be compared to other phones unless you want to be disappointed.

That said, I have a G2 on order and it's going to be even better!

Cheers...

obsidian no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2162b5fd
    I didn't see any "hatin". The G1 is slow on all the messengers and email. The keyboard is bogus, the camera might be a 3mp vs the 2 on most BB's, but the BB's take better pictures.

The G1 is a solid first generation device, but better than a Berry it is not in anything except the browser.

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Ok, so BB has the G1 beat on email. Not a big deal when the G1 win in every other catagory! And now that the word is out on the storm (trash), pls stop hatin on this phone! 3 weeks isnt long enough to see what the G1 can really do. the real apps dont hit til Jan 09.
    Angry.
    Black.
    Berry.
    User.

anant no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I'm enjoying my G1.

That said, I have a G2 on order and it's going to be even better!

Cheers...
    Hang on...When is the G2 coming!?

Quote Originally Posted by anant View Post
    Hang on...When is the G2 coming!?
    Approx Q1 2009, featuring a complete overhaul of Android, using the "Premier" HTC quality handset (currently using "standard") as well as a host of additional apps. It will be approx 3mm thinner, flat instead of the kick up on the bottom like the current model, with nicer hardware controls. Increased battery life, and many more new developments. This is the G phone that will truly capture the public's attention, and secretly has Apple worried. Google, somewhat of a sleeping giant in regards to the G1, will wake up and roar with the G2.

This is one very exciting new model. One that if you are interested, you will want to pre-order. That option should open up between Jan 10th and the 20th. I've had a very close look at this model and it's very exciting. Not to be missed, that's for sure.
    The G2
    is going to surprise a lot of people.
    Last edited by archer6; 12-03-2008 at 07:40 PM.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian View Post
    I didn't see any "hatin". The G1 is slow on all the messengers and email. The keyboard is bogus, the camera might be a 3mp vs the 2 on most BB's, but the BB's take better pictures.

The G1 is a solid first generation device, but better than a Berry it is not in anything except the browser.
    Yeah..."it took two days to recieve an email"
    either you had a broke phone or youre lying/hatin!!!!! EVERY SINGLE email test ive done, I got em in under 30sec! Gtalk and yahoo messengers are instant! I havent tried the others!

Oh & its not just browser thats way better! How bout.....
    ZERO dropped calls,whereas my curve dropped calls everyday especially in & out of wifi!!!!
    Navigation! The touch screen is fabulous! trackball too...
    Its open! With better apps and many more to come.
    Multimedia. watching movies, streaming espn and other internet radio and video!
    Its faster! I will stop there, because for it to be first gen. its a killer! thats fact not a biased opinion! It shames the curve in many areas.
    archer said it all...do your research before you go out and buy something. Its the best first gen. phone ive seen!
    Last edited by rdills; 12-04-2008 at 05:02 PM.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Quote Originally Posted by obsidian View Post
    The G1 is slow on all the messengers and email. The keyboard is bogus, the camera might be a 3mp vs the 2 on most BB's, but the BB's take better pictures.
    Are you speaking from personal experience as the owner of a G1?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123