Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That bottom piece makes the phone looks retardedly ugly.... Android Smartphones forum

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

That bottom piece makes the phone looks retardedly ugly.
    Check out the Z at www.300CForumZ.com
    Also check out my MySpace at www.MySpace.com/DJBertan

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think the BB Touch will actually be a great phone.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I just want to remind you guys that Google didn't make the phone HTC did. Google just made the os Android. Many people seem to confuse this.

The reason why this release was such a big one is that this is just a first step. Google is promoting Android for the most part and this has a future for any phone. Nokia, Samsung, Sidekick, and yes even BlackBerry can run Android Google's whole view point is that they want phone manufactures to use their os, or at least compete against it, to revolutionize the mobile community.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by J@ricanese View Post
    I just want to remind you guys that Google didn't make the phone HTC did. Google just made the os Android. Many people seem to confuse this.

The reason why this release was such a big one is that this is just a first step. Google is promoting Android for the most part and this has a future for any phone. Nokia, Samsung, Sidekick, and yes even BlackBerry can run Android Google's whole view point is that they want phone manufactures to use their os, or at least compete against it, to revolutionize the mobile community.
    Thanks for the info.

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I got the G1, 1 week later I am packing it up and sending it back. Goodbye G1

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    I got the G1, 1 week later I am packing it up and sending it back. Goodbye G1
    Why?

zyiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302A0AFF
    Quote Originally Posted by J@ricanese View Post
    Why?

most likely the same reason everyone else is....

Sluggish and buggy OS

The unit i was playing with locked up 3 times within the 1st 2 hours of taking it out of the box with no additional software installed. Apparenty this is pretty common. My best friend is a store manager for T-Mobile and the display unit they have there has to be hard reset at least once an hour.

Poor battery life....

As in poor battery life i used one for about 2 weeks and had to charge it twice a day even with wifi, google-sync, gps, and 3g turned off. I used it to send maybe 40 texts a day and would use an hour to three hours of talk time, with the occasional web browsing. I would get an average of about 5 hours before it was completely dead.

At first I thought it was a bad unit so I swapped out the unit for another and got the same results. Whats the point of having a phone if you can only use it for half of the day even with everything turned off.

Not to mention lack of functionality and no corp email support.

EDIT: if i left everything on (GPS, WI-FI, Google-Sync, 3G) i would get less then 3 hours of battery life.

And yes i did discharge the battery and completely and gave it a full charge 3 times when i 1st got it but that did not help at all.
    Last edited by zyiro; 11-15-2008 at 11:18 PM.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Lithium ions have no memory. Doesn't do a bit of good to discharge completely.
    G1? Fogetaboutit.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Most people that are surprised & unhappy with the G1 all have the same thing in common. The bought the phone without taking the time to find out anything about it. They set their expectations based on experience with another totally different type of phone. They also overlooked the fact that it's all new & is expected to have bugs. Anyone who was expecting a flawless smooth experience is kidding themselves. Already the G2 is nearly completed. It will be a quantum leap filled with improvements. The one to have. But still don't expect it to be better than with the BlackBerry as they are different devices .
    sent via BlackBerry
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well put, as usual, Arch. To tell you the truth, it really doesn't matter what RIM's competitors come up with, once you've developed a Blackberry addiction

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    I was close to selling my curve to get the G1, but all the info, reviews and links the stacks provided me with made me decide to wait on a different phone. Thanks guys for the edjemacation.

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Those are exactly the reasons I got rid of it. I actually forgot to mention how badly the battery life sucked. I wouldnt even use anything on it, with everything off and I would unplug the phone at 230pm...and by 630 the phone was dead.

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    No competition once so ever
    T-Mobile Pearl 8100>T-Mobile Curve 8320>T-Mobile Curve 8900>T-Mobile Bold 8900

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by zyiro View Post
    most likely the same reason everyone else is....

Sluggish and buggy OS

The unit i was playing with locked up 3 times within the 1st 2 hours of taking it out of the box with no additional software installed. Apparenty this is pretty common. My best friend is a store manager for T-Mobile and the display unit they have there has to be hard reset at least once an hour.

Poor battery life....

As in poor battery life i used one for about 2 weeks and had to charge it twice a day even with wifi, google-sync, gps, and 3g turned off. I used it to send maybe 40 texts a day and would use an hour to three hours of talk time, with the occasional web browsing. I would get an average of about 5 hours before it was completely dead.

At first I thought it was a bad unit so I swapped out the unit for another and got the same results. Whats the point of having a phone if you can only use it for half of the day even with everything turned off.

Not to mention lack of functionality and no corp email support.

EDIT: if i left everything on (GPS, WI-FI, Google-Sync, 3G) i would get less then 3 hours of battery life.

And yes i did discharge the battery and completely and gave it a full charge 3 times when i 1st got it but that did not help at all.
    Thanks for the information. I will have to pay attention to these points if I ever get a chance to test run a G1.

zyiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302A0AFF
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Most people that are surprised & unhappy with the G1 all have the same thing in common. The bought the phone without taking the time to find out anything about it. They set their expectations based on experience with another totally different type of phone. They also overlooked the fact that it's all new & is expected to have bugs. Anyone who was expecting a flawless smooth experience is kidding themselves. Already the G2 is nearly completed. It will be a quantum leap filled with improvements. The one to have. But still don't expect it to be better than with the BlackBerry as they are different devices .
    sent via BlackBerry
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

I didn't actually make the mistake and buy a G1 i was able to take it for a free test run for 30 days using a spare t-mobile account(i was given the option to keep the phone for free but i returned it). I more or less wanted to check it out for the cool factor. Obviously as you see the test run only lasted about 3 weeks before i couldn't stand it anymore. When the phone did work the network would drop calls or not send text messages but that's to be expected with T-Mobile. I'm glad I'm back to my 8330 on Verizon now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast