Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Does anyone know of an app I can use on my Inc2 that's like the ... Android Smartphones forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Need email app like that on BB

Advertisement

Does anyone know of an app I can use on my Inc2 that's like the app on Blackberry?

I'm using K9 Mail right now but I don't like it because I liked having the option to delete messages either just from my device or from my device and server (like on my old bb). Plus the one I use now randomly goes back and reloads tons of messages which were previously deleted and it drives me nutty.

Any suggestions for an app that's more like the BB one would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance to all who reply :-)
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Enhanced Email from the play store but it's expensive $9.99, guess you aren't a gmail fan, cuz I wouldn't use anything else. Nice to see you hope all has been well.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_One_S Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Yeah I've been looking for something like that, too Dee. Will check out enhanced email, Craig. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Enhanced Email from the play store but it's expensive $9.99, guess you aren't a gmail fan, cuz I wouldn't use anything else. Nice to see you hope all has been well.
    Hi Craig! Things are going pretty good I guess, hope things are well with you too

I did try the gmail app, I'm just not too impressed with it. I don't mind using K9 for now, I just wish I didn't have to constantly go online to delete messages that have already been deleted from my phone. To me it kind of defeats the purpose of having mail come to my phone in the first place. Plus I really hate opening the app and seeing a bunch of messages that I already deleted reappearing, that is beyond annoying LoL

I was hoping to find a free app, or at least something a lot cheaper than the Enhanced. Online sales haven't been too good lately so I'm really having to pinch pennies at the moment. But I will definitely keep it in mind in case I can't find anything else.

Thanks for the suggestion! )

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_One_S Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Yeah I've been looking for something like that, too Dee. Will check out enhanced email, Craig. Thanks.
    If you do, let me know what you think. I'll keep looking in the meantime, but if I can find something else that will do the same thing without having to pay, I'd much rather do that ;-)

Thanks a bunch!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    FYI, to fix Gmail issue, open settings/apps/all
    Scroll to Gmail and tap it, clear cache/data.

Looking for a comparable email. Haven't been feeling 100% so may take a bit.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

I'm testing out MailDroid right now which offers the delete feature I was looking for and so far so good. It's only been a short time but I already like it better than K9 and far better than Gmail :-)
    Delfim likes this.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^that´s an eye-opener. Gonna give it a try out too. Thanks Java!

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ^^^that´s an eye-opener. Gonna give it a try out too. Thanks Java!
    You're welcome )

It is a little slow to load sometimes though. But I haven't played with too many of the settings yet either. It's also ad supported, so there are a couple features which are locked, but it makes no difference to me and the ads don't get in the way either.

Not sure how much the full featured app is, but I'm liking the free one enough so far that I went ahead and deleted all others. I just love not having to go online to delete email from my accounts after deleting from my device
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Using it now as well, read the reviews on the pro version, not sure exactly that gives you other than removing the ads. It's $17.99

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Using it now as well, read the reviews on the pro version, not sure exactly that gives you other than removing the ads. It's $17.99
    Wow, that is way expensive IMHO!!

I did notice that the two features which are locked (Default Account to Open & Default Compose Account) can be unlocked by completing a short survey of 4-5 questions, which I did and it unlocked them immediately. But I don't see anything else which would justify the price they're charging.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Thanks for the tip just did it, yes I believe the ads will have to stay

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Thanks for the tip just did it, yes I believe the ads will have to stay
    You're very welcome
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    K9 does not support Exchange 2010, which is the only reason I'm not using it.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have Rom Toolbox Pro and went in and was able to block the ads in the free version. I'm liking MailDroid better everyday

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast