I was looking around for wallpaper and at first tried finding papers the same size ... Android Smartphones forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Motorola Droid Wallpapers

Advertisement

I was looking around for wallpaper and at first tried finding papers the same size as the screen resolution 854x480 but when changing the wallpaper it would zoom in on the image and look really crappy. The wallpaper size actually needs to be 960x854. Here's a link to a great post on the Howard forums that shows how the wallpaper displays spread across your 3 screens.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Hey Sam this is one of my friends websites he has all kinds of wallpaper up and is still adding some. Check it out if you have time...

http://www.themeandroid.com/wallpaper.html
    -Josh

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    let the paper fly. I think we need an Android Wallpaper Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    Not sure if this works on the Droid, but I use Backgrounds for hundreds of wallpaper choices and World Tour app that has webcam shots of various areas around the world and uses the shot as wallpaper.
    Yes Backgrounds works great on the droid, free and has a large selection...I use a lot of walls from vladstudio as well, have a membership so I get high res no watermark walls from there that work great. They have a size that is the exact height, just a bit wider that the size for Droid.
    Twitter? My Apps List

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Also Azstar, "Wallpaper Set and Save" , free from the android market, takes whatever size you have and adjusts and sets it automatically- a "Must Have" app- another site is droidwallz.com
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Found these and thought I would share with my Android peeps.

Thanks srl, now that I have finally figured out how to get screen capturing working with my Droid and my Vista x64 system, I have attached some screen shots to show how wallpaper on the Droid works. Using a portrait oriented wall forces you to zoom in when selecting and the image quality becomes quite poor once applied as a wall. But a landscape oriented wall works much better. Hope this helps peeps when downloading and searching for walls.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Twitter? My Apps List

wl80 no está en línea Stack level 1

Droid Wallpaper Size

After working with it for a while I determined the wallpaper size to be 640x570, 960x855 works to because it's the same aspect ratio.

JewelerChris no está en línea Stack level 1
    I determined the wallpaper size to be 640x570, 960x855 works to because it's the same aspect ratio.
    That's backwards, 640x570 works because it has the same ratio as 960x854. Actually, scaled up by ONE THIRD is 960x855 which still isn't right.

I drew this out in CAD, plug any combination of numbers into a photo app and they work out.

This is, of course, for 3 screens. I tested it in vertical orientation and confirmed. In Horizontal, it looks like it goes to the bottom of the image.

Last edited by JewelerChris; 06-18-2010 at 06:46 AM.

wl80 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Actually I think I was right, it's a case of simple math both 570/640 and 855/960 can be reduced to the lowest term of 57/64, 854/960 can only be reduced to 427/480

CreatioSoft no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi,
    I want to share some of my favorite 3D live wallpapers
    like Rotating 3D Cube Live Wallpaper, love Quotes Live Wallpaper,Love Valentine Live Wallpaper etc ....
    I loved 3D Rotating cube wallpaper because of it's highly customized feature.User can change theme ,size, speed of cubes, background and even orientation of cubes...

For more exciting live wallpapers, can visit at :
    https://play.google.com/store/search?q=creatiosoft&c=apps
    Last edited by CreatioSoft; 04-20-2012 at 07:03 AM.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Saw azstar and got all excited.

Bummer.