Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Running the CyanogenMod v 3.3.8 updated 6/5 with Haykuro's spl 1.33.2005 bootloader and 2.22.19.26I radio. ... Android Smartphones forum

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Running the CyanogenMod v 3.3.8 updated 6/5 with Haykuro's spl 1.33.2005 bootloader and 2.22.19.26I radio. Runs like a beauty. Very stable.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Updated to cyanogenmod v 3.4 today and also his flash recovery cm-recovery-1.1. It has a new trackball feature so now all upgrades and flashes can be done without opening the slide screen . Previously, the user would have to slide it open and type in the command.

Also, i added Android Wifi today. This allows the phone to create a wifi hotspot using its 2g or 3g connection for laptop wifi access...tethering taken to the next level!

Anyone else on the stacks modding their G1s with root access?

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortgage_Man View Post
    Updated to cyanogenmod v 3.4 today and also his flash recovery cm-recovery-1.1. It has a new trackball feature so now all upgrades and flashes can be done without opening the slide screen . Previously, the user would have to slide it open and type in the command.

Also, i added Android Wifi today. This allows the phone to create a wifi hotspot using its 2g or 3g connection for laptop wifi access...tethering taken to the next level!

Anyone else on the stacks modding their G1s with root access?

yea I have that ROM as well. Nice and stable so far. I'm having trouble trying to create the partition on my sd card so I can run my apps from it! whats your method?
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Once you have apps2sd2 downloaded and installed, you need to download the following files to your sd card directory:

- init.rc
    - a2sd.sh

They can be downloaded here:

Http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512743

Scroll down the first post and you will see the file you need called a2sd.zip. on your desktop open it and drag the 2 mentioned files to your sd card. EDIT unmount from your computer and go to the terminal app. There's one on the recovery screen if you need that one. Just hit alt + x from the recovery. Type in su and enter, cp /sdcard/init.rc /data/ enter, cp /sdcard/a2sd.sh /data enter.

Reboot.

You should then go back in the apps2sd2 app installed on your phone and do the partition. The app will partition it for you. All future downloaded apps will be installed to the sd card. Reboot the phone and go to your recovery screen (cm-recovery 1.2) and pick the option to move apps to sd. This will move all current installed apps to your sd.

I have about 65 installed apps and 393mb internal memory available.
    Last edited by Mortgage_Man; 06-12-2009 at 06:45 PM.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Hey THANKS! trying it now!

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Once you have apps2sd2 downloaded and installed, you need to download the following files to your sd card directory:

- init.rc
    - a2sd.sh

They can be downloaded here:

Http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512743

Scroll down the first post and you will see the file you need called a2sd.zip. on your desktop open it and drag the 2 mentioned files to your sd card. EDIT unmount from your computer and go to the terminal app. There's one on the recovery screen if you need that one. Just hit alt + x from the recovery. Type in su and enter, cp /sdcard/init.rc /data/ enter, cp /sdcard/a2sd.sh /data enter.

Reboot.

You should then go back in the apps2sd2 app installed on your phone and do the partition. The app will partition it for you. All future downloaded apps will be installed to the sd card. Reboot the phone and go to your recovery screen (cm-recovery 1.2) and pick the option to move apps to sd. This will move all current installed apps to your sd.

I have about 65 installed apps and 393mb internal memory available.

1 question, in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=518851 , it says dont use any apps2sd apps for this ROM. Is this the ROM you're using?

Right...you don't want apps2sd(original release), but do install apps2sd2 (most current release). Its available for .99 in the market or for free as a zip file at the link I provided in my earlier post.

I'm still tweaking mine some. It seems that programs that are more data/internet/gaming intensive seem to do better on the phone versus the sd card.

I read through different posts and consolidated the info into the above steps in that order and it worked for me. There is def a lot of trial and error for me on the g1 modding, but its fun and challenging and 100% different than my 8320 curve.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Right...you don't want apps2sd(original release), but do install apps2sd2 (most current release). Its available for .99 in the market or for free as a zip file at the link I provided in my earlier post.

I'm still tweaking mine some. It seems that programs that are more data/internet/gaming intensive seem to do better on the phone versus the sd card.

I see, thats good to hear. Going to give it a go then. Im running on about 17mb of memory and cant wait to free up more to see how much better my phone performs.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I read through different posts and consolidated the info into the above steps in that order and it worked for me. There is def a lot of trial and error for me on the g1 modding, but its fun and challenging and 100% different than my 8320 curve.
    Your way worked like a charm! Good lookin out! The best instructions I've seen so far! I now have 402mb of free memory!!
    Last edited by rdills; 06-14-2009 at 01:13 AM.

Good deal. Let me know how it works out. Im still working to get mine optimal. I have plenty of room and can install all the apps i want, but sometimes there is a lag in the processing since doing the apps2sd2 deal.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Good deal. Let me know how it works out. Im still working to get mine optimal. I have plenty of room and can install all the apps i want, but sometimes there is a lag in the processing since doing the apps2sd2 deal.
    It started with minimal lag in the browser, and going back to the home screen when leaving an app. But after a few reboots its smoother than ever! I don't see any bugs SO FAR. I've read some people had to reboot as much as 5 times to get it right. I just grabbed about 20 games that I always wanted but never had enough room for. Goin for the apps I've been dying for next! I'm in heaven with this! Cant thank you enough!

BTW, I'm using the Hero theme, which is awesome, which theme are you using?

What's up rdills? My Android is charging this evening so I'm driving the wife's 8320 4.5.0.124 TMO surfing over wifi. I can still thumb quicker on the BB.

I've been slammed at work and haven't had any mod time in a week and a half. I'm constantly having to reboot to keep the phone from freezing up and responding slowly. I've moved all high data apps to the main memory and left the others on the sd card. The phone stays very hot when running constant. I've ran power management apps also and still nothing helps. Right now I have plenty of apps loaded(60) and 400mb+ free internal memory.I never checked the micro sd to see if it was a class 6. I'm thinking I should try a new class 6 sd card and see if that makes it run cooler; otherwise, I may fry this sd card.

Is anyone else running the apps2sd2 program and have success or failures with it?

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    @ Mortgage

I was playing with my daughter and my G1 took a nasty fall! I've dropped it a hundred times but this one was a killer! It cracked on the bottom under the sd card slot. Now it dosent read the card anymore and the wifi doesnt work anymore. I have a new G1 coming in the mail.

Before the drop it was working fine, but started to slow down as you mentioned, but I was using the sd card that came with it which was a mistake. You need a class 6. I read it makes all the difference. Also the Cyan ROM we're using is over clocked to the max by default. I got the over clock widget from the market which lets you control the processor power. I turned it down! Mine set to 384000, down from 528000, and the heat problem went away. You should try the widget for the overheating problems!
    Last edited by rdills; 06-28-2009 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks rdills. The over clock widget did the trick. I completely uninstalled the overclocking app that was running 527.15 all the time and am now using the widget instead set at 384/384. The G1 is like a new toy again and once I get the class 6 sd card, it should be moving high speed again. I have also updated to the newest Cyanogen ROM 3.5.2.

The coolest game you have to try: Cestos. It's like playing a game of pool with marbles and bombs blowing up on the table at the same time. The objective is to keep your marbles from going off the table. It's super addictive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast