I might pick up a Samsung Instinct from Sprint. I can get it for cheap. ... Android Smartphones forum

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3

Might pick up an Instinct.....

Advertisement

I might pick up a Samsung Instinct from Sprint. I can get it for cheap. Wouldn't be replacing my Berry. Probably just use it on the weekend when I go out so that I dont get drunk and drop it or abuse the blackberry. Plus it'd be cool to use a touch screen. Just bored thought I would say something.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have a friend who used his upgrade to purchase the Instinct. He ended up sending it back a few days later stating it was too time consuming to navigate the phone (he wanted it for the mobile internet). Went back to the phone he had been using before (I forgot which one he told me he has currently). Then ordered an i930 off eBay and didn't like that either due to issues with assigning pictures to contacts and storing contacts by last name.

Well for the Instinct I will be paying something up front and will have a mail in rebate making the phone pretty much free. And I already used my upgrade to get my Curve a few months ago ; )

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Good luck. We will be here in case you want to come back to the BB world. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Oh I'm not leaving it. Will never give up my bb. Just getting the instinct for use as a second phone. Something else to play with.

aleano75 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    I carried both for a few months. The novelty of the Instinct wore off quickly. Its a neat phone but I need buttons so my Curve is the best for me. Good luck and let us know what you think.
    *RaeRae*

BJatSprint no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey grymtyrant, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. The Instinct is definitely a great phone, seeing that you will continue to use your Blackberry as your primary phone, the Instinct will definitely be a great addition. With a lot of great features like Live TV, Push To Talk, and the ability to shoot video, the Instinct can definitely supply some excitement while the Blackberry is at home.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB
    Hey my name is Tyler, I am a Sprint Customer Care rep. I've actually had an instinct which I have to say was a cool device but I took it back two days later. I just couldnt handle the touch screen and the email feature was up to par with the blackberry devices
    if you just want it to play with I would say thats all its good for

duilsko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25675D70
    I found the touch screen on my Tocco to be a pain at first but after a week or so I found I was loving it, it does take a little getting used to but once you do its great. Did any of you take your bb back after a few days because the key pad is totally different to a normal mobile! No, we stuck it out and now like me I'm sure you fly aroung the keyboard as if you have been doing it all your life. Hang in there and you'll get used to anything. Bb's are fantastic when they work. We have all had many problems with our bb's yet remain faithfull, I wonder how long that will last once other mansfactures release more stable phones that have the same features as a bb without all the problems. I know I'll be making the change

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by grymtyrant@msn. View Post
    I might pick up a Samsung Instinct from Sprint. I can get it for cheap. Wouldn't be replacing my Berry. Probably just use it on the weekend when I go out so that I dont get drunk and drop it or abuse the blackberry. Plus it'd be cool to use a touch screen. Just bored thought I would say something.
    Please don't do it. If you want something nice and touchscreen from Sprint I would rather recommend the HTC Pro touchscreen and it has a slide out qwerty keyboard. My sister just got it and looks amazing. The browsing's really nice. She used to have the Instinct prior to this one. She had 2 replacements in a two month period. Trust me that thing's garbage with all due respect to those who have it. I played with it and that thing's just a big mess. The screen went out on her. Then the web browsing crashed continuously. She was horrified by this thing. She almost threw this thing out the window (literally). She now loves this HTC Pro. It's the diamond only thing is that it's got a slide out keyboard also touchscreen. If I were with them and I wanted to mess around with a touchscreen phone I'd go with that one . But hey that's just me. Good luck with whichever device you decide to cheat on your BB on the weekends.
    Last edited by raton; 11-14-2008 at 04:54 AM.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803
    Quote Originally Posted by grymtyrant@msn. View Post

How is it that you can easily switch from a Sprint Blackberry to a Sprint Instinct ? Do you call in to switch the devices? I know its cdma so its not like swapping the sim cards on a gsm device. How do you just use one on the weekend and use the other during the week unless you have two lines?

Quote Originally Posted by qbangringo View Post
    How is it that you can easily switch from a Sprint Blackberry to a Sprint Instinct ? Do you call in to switch the devices? I know its cdma so its not like swapping the sim cards on a gsm device. How do you just use one on the weekend and use the other during the week unless you have two lines?
    Yeah I could just call sprint and switch devices or you can now do it on sprints website.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB
    you can do it from the sprint website but it barely works