Cassie apparently downloaded a game from the play store that sends emails out with a ... Android Smartphones forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Malware advice.

Advertisement

Cassie apparently downloaded a game from the play store that sends emails out with a link to malware. Its entitled "Android security update".

I have to narrow down the game, if it is that, or find how she got it. Scanner catches the file before install.

This is just an FYI. Check your sent emails and spam folder. Kind of irritating since I've never had issues from the store itself.

Symptoms of install are very high battery usage so far. I'm sure once I get her device in hand I'll see high data as well. I'm praying it wasn't the kind that catches passwords/logins as she uses some of my accounts as well.

Just goes to show...you gotta be careful.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hopefully my antivirus software will pick something like that up. Used to be SmrtGuard. Don't even know what the name of it is anymore. Luckily bought a lifetime subscription years ago when they were available. Really liked Lookout until they started charging.