Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 Dude? I'm a female LOL Oppps sorry.. i was really hoping ... Android Smartphones forum

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Dude? I'm a female LOL
    Oppps sorry.. i was really hoping you are not a female, after i wrote that. lol. but you are... i usually try to reference male and female but i guess your name has Erica in it... i should have caught on...

any ways... you want a BB.. trust me

Cheers

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    yes, sidekicks are cheaper (data and text for $20) but if you like ringtones besides the ones that come on it, games besides what comes on it, etc, you have to PAY for them.

i always encourage donating to theme builders ect, but free ringtones all over the internet and games are reason enough to stay with the bb.

if i had paid for the ringtones i've download or made, i'd be looking at over $100 since i've owned a bb!!

(also, and someone correct me if i'm wrong, i don't think someone can even text you a ringtone and you apply it to your sidekick)

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    You can't text or bluetooth ringtones. But I don't use ringtones that wouldn't even apply to me.

WazzuKirk no está en línea Stack level 2
    [quote=aldie;748588]yes, sidekicks are cheaper (data and text for $20) but if you like ringtones besides the ones that come on it, games besides what comes on it, etc, you have to PAY for them. quote]

I have never downloaded ringtones, games, etc, I use a phone for texting, IM, email and the phone itself. The overall OS on the Sidekick is much quicker than the BB, the texting is better, the IM is better, but the email is better on the BB (much quicker). Overall, that's 3-1 in favor of the sidekick for how I use it.

Don't get me wrong, the BB is a great phone, but the Sidekick is just plain fun to use. Plus there is a full size keyboard which is fantastic.
    "Stultus est sicut stultus facit"
    "Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't much like carrying bricks in my pocket. I'll stick with my pearl. lol

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Quote Originally Posted by inc188 View Post
    Oppps sorry.. i was really hoping you are not a female, after i wrote that. lol. but you are... i usually try to reference male and female but i guess your name has Erica in it... i should have caught on...

any ways... you want a BB.. trust me

Cheers
    hah the name is ERICA!! How would you miss that!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I Would Never Sell My Blackberry For Any Other Phone The Pearl Is My First Phone That I Got And I Would Never Chnage It To Anything Else. Using A Bb Is So Much Easier To Use And It Doesnt Have No Fancy Flp Thingy That Will Break. Sidekick Is One Of The Worst Phones Only Becuase When Screen Flipper Breask Alot There Were Alot Of Recalls For That And Thats Why I Dont Like Sidekicks. I Stick To My Bb All The Time I Got It Taken Away For A Week From My Teacher And I Wawas So Pist So I Dont Think I Would Wnat To Get A Recall Every Month Or So, Mostly Depends How You Take Care Of It But Still Rather Be Happy With A Phone Then Waiting For One

pNoyz3Ro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244A4B08
    The Blackberry is way better to be honest.
    I owned a Blue Sidekick LX before I traded for a Curve 8310.
    The Sidekick LX is so limited! I have to say though that the keyboard is really nice.
    You can't do anything on the LX but text, the internet (browser) is pretty terrible.
    You have to buy everything, (ringtones, wallpapers, etc).
    Also, the speaker for the LX is pretty bad.

If you are in it for just texting, LX it is, awesome wide keyboard.
    T-Mobile Blackberry 8310 Crimson Red

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I use to have a SK3 and since it was my first SK I thought it was the best phone ever. Then got the LX when it was released and it was exactly the same, but just polished. LX is a waste of money in my opinion and got rid of it the same week. Plus I think SK's are for kids. (Teens)
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    I use to have a SK3 and since it was my first SK I thought it was the best phone ever. Then got the LX when it was released and it was exactly the same, but just polished. LX is a waste of money in my opinion and got rid of it the same week. Plus I think SK's are for kids. (Teens)
    Ditto.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

WazzuKirk no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    Here's the deal. I have used both phones and there are good and bad points about each of them. As I said, I use the phone mainly for IM, text, internet and email, in that order. The Sidekick kills all the BB's for IM and text, but the internet is about the same. However, the Sidekick screen is way better than the BB's. The email is better on BB's hands down, for that is what they are mainly used for. The big issue I have with BB's is that if something goes wrong, be it extremely slow funtioning, etc, you have to pull the battery from the phone and reboot, that is freaking ridiculous that you have to do that with a phone in order to make it work right. I had to do that at least once per day and it gets frustrating. I have not had a problem with the Sidekick as of yet.

In regards to it being a kids phone, that is absurd. I am 38 years old and work at a major company in the Seattle area. I use the phone and it's fantastic. The reason the Sidekick has that reputation is because kids/young adults, all they do now is IM and text, and it's the best phone for that. The Sidekick has many other uses for adults that the kids don't use.

Who know, maybe I'll try a BB down the line again, but right now the Sidekick is great and fun to use, much more so than the BB.
    "Stultus est sicut stultus facit"
    "Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's how you feel then that's cool and that's your own opinion. I think overall when the 4.5 OS is out (whenever that is) it will kill all phones. Except the iPhone because someone will end up saying that. Anyway we all use what's best for us.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by WazzuKirk View Post
    Here's the deal. I have used both phones and there are good and bad points about each of them. As I said, I use the phone mainly for IM, text, internet and email, in that order. The Sidekick kills all the BB's for IM and text, but the internet is about the same. However, the Sidekick screen is way better than the BB's. The email is better on BB's hands down, for that is what they are mainly used for. The big issue I have with BB's is that if something goes wrong, be it extremely slow funtioning, etc, you have to pull the battery from the phone and reboot, that is freaking ridiculous that you have to do that with a phone in order to make it work right. I had to do that at least once per day and it gets frustrating. I have not had a problem with the Sidekick as of yet.

In regards to it being a kids phone, that is absurd. I am 38 years old and work at a major company in the Seattle area. I use the phone and it's fantastic. The reason the Sidekick has that reputation is because kids/young adults, all they do now is IM and text, and it's the best phone for that. The Sidekick has many other uses for adults that the kids don't use.

Who know, maybe I'll try a BB down the line again, but right now the Sidekick is great and fun to use, much more so than the BB.
    Well said. I was 23 (I'm almost 30 now) before I got the Color SK a few months after it came out. This week, after having problems with 2 BB's (which was just resolved because I was finally told it was my SIM card), I almost went back to my SK3.

But, as I don't own the LX, I find the BB MUCH better than the SK's I have owned. The HUGE problem I had with the SK was the reception issue which was resolved with a software upgrade. If I had my choice I would own both devices but financially I am unable to.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I would say the majority (that being like 80-90%) of SK users are younger than 25 years of age. I could be wrong, but thats usually what I see.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If your a person that texts none stop constantly on AIM and whatnot a sidekick is the best phone for that hands down. Since that's what their made for and focus on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast