Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sorry fellow PinStackers... I am sadly a trader. I sold my blackberry for a Sidekick ... Android Smartphones forum

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

LX for the BlackBerry

Advertisement

Sorry fellow PinStackers... I am sadly a trader. I sold my blackberry for a Sidekick LX. I hope you fellow stackers still accept me as apart of the community

Thanks~

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    What made you change to a novelty device such as a sidekick?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I wish I could say "you'll be back", but the truth is the LX is a pretty decent phone. I sold mine though, so if you're anything like me..

You'll be back.

PIN/ID
    SK LX
    Quote Originally Posted by saukrateaz View Post
    What made you change to a novelty device such as a sidekick?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The phone is sick... don't get me wrong, BlackBerries are awesome too... but I think I'm more of a sidekick guy!

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    i personally hate sidekicks and think they are praised way too much. besides i know people with them and after a few months they hate the phone and are always complaining about it. TRAITOR! lol jk
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

staindone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F059B5
    Sidekicks more of a chick phone. If your not ready for a blackberry you made the right choice. My girlfriend had a sidekick 3, she liked it a lot, I got get an 8320 for Christmas, she sold the sidekick a week later.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Say it aint so JayR. We still got love for you bro.

Quote Originally Posted by staindone View Post
    Sidekicks more of a chick phone. If your not ready for a blackberry you made the right choice. My girlfriend had a sidekick 3, she liked it a lot, I got get an 8320 for Christmas, she sold the sidekick a week later.
    I don't think the sidekick is a chick phone at all. It all just depends on your needs.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am making the switch soon myself to a Blue LX as I just found out I am eligible for an upgrade (full discount and $50 rebate) on my line unless I decide to hold out and see if my rebates and discounts increase for waiting to upgrade.

The SideKick is not a chick or a teenager phone. To the Deaf/Hard Of Hearing community, its their preferred choice for mobile communication although the BB is making an impression on the community as well. But, since I am not Deaf, my reasons are listed below.

I enjoyed the 3 Pearls I had but I have been playing with my SK2 and SK3 and I miss the full keyboard on them. However, I know I am giving up the following features:

1. BlackBerry Messenger
    2. Google Talk Messenger
    3. ICQ via Jive Talk
    4. FaceBook
    5. SureType
    6. Candy Bar phone form factor
    7. Reception (I am willing to live with this)
    8. Opera Mini Browser for what the BB couldn't open.
    9. Unlimited access to themes, wallpapers, apps, games, etc.

I am doing this because my wrists and thumbs cannot take the cramped keyboard anymore (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome). I never had any issues except with my SK3 (as opposed to the SK2 which caused a few CTS flareups).

In the end, I will be gaining the following features:

1. Cheaper data (SK data includes web, email, text, MMS, IM)
    2. AIM, MSN and Yahoo separately (Still no Google Talk, ICQ or PIN Messenger like the BB Messenger).
    3. Desktop Interface thru MyTMobile.
    4. OTA Synch without a corporate account.
    5. Trash folders for email and texts.
    6. Device and OS stability (no JVM or uncaught exception errors or shutdowns). Only 2 SK's I have owned have had to be replaced compared to 11 BlackBerrys.
    7. MySpace app.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I am doing this because my wrists and thumbs cannot take the cramped keyboard anymore (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome). I never had any issues except with my SK3 (as opposed to the SK2 which caused a few CTS flareups).

2. AIM, MSN and Yahoo separately (Still no Google Talk, ICQ or PIN Messenger like the BB Messenger).
    6. Device and OS stability (no JVM or uncaught exception errors or shutdowns). Only 2 SK's I have owned have had to be replaced compared to 11 BlackBerrys.
    7. MySpace app.
    2 nights ago everyone on my buddy list with a sidekick all signed off at the same time.. then back on, and off again, and it repeated a few times.

Data has LAGGED greatly with the sidekicks lately, especially IMs. The sidekicks are completely unreliable. Just IMO. This is coming from a sidekick convert, btw. (:

Oh, and it's cheaper because.. you get what you pay for. And I totally understand the need for a full keyboard, we can't deny that the LX keyboard is great (I actually liked the 3 better, but I got used to the LX). I hope the sidekick works well for you (:
    Last edited by ssnxp; 03-27-2008 at 05:25 AM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Yes I know all about the outages. MSN was worthless on my SK 3, constantly logging me out. But when my mom goes to pay my bill I'm gonna go try out the LX to find out if I really want it. Then I will start saving my money and get it myself.

PIN/ID
    SK LX
    My main reason for switching was the cheaper data... BB's are sick phones but I'm loving this LX and the MySpace application for it.

WazzuKirk no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey JayR

I just did the same thing. I found a person on Craigslist who traded me straight up her Sidekick LX for my Pearl 8100. I was looking for another phone. My Pearl just started giving me too many problems and was just too slow. I will miss the speed of the email clients, but damn, the LX is a freakin' awesome phone. I love the full keyboard and the IM client is bomb. The LX is a far superior phone for the features I am utilizing, and it's cheaper data.

I may come back to a BB at a later date, but I think I am pretty much sold on the Sidekick platform.
    "Stultus est sicut stultus facit"
    "Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I am making the switch soon myself to a Blue LX as I just found out I am eligible for an upgrade (full discount and $50 rebate) on my line unless I decide to hold out and see if my rebates and discounts increase for waiting to upgrade.

The SideKick is not a chick or a teenager phone. To the Deaf/Hard Of Hearing community, its their preferred choice for mobile communication although the BB is making an impression on the community as well. But, since I am not Deaf, my reasons are listed below.

I enjoyed the 3 Pearls I had but I have been playing with my SK2 and SK3 and I miss the full keyboard on them. However, I know I am giving up the following features:

1. BlackBerry Messenger
    2. Google Talk Messenger
    3. ICQ via Jive Talk
    4. FaceBook
    5. SureType
    6. Candy Bar phone form factor
    7. Reception (I am willing to live with this)
    8. Opera Mini Browser for what the BB couldn't open.
    9. Unlimited access to themes, wallpapers, apps, games, etc.

7. MySpace app.
    Dude.... you have some 8000 odd post and you know that BB makes Full Qwerty BBs? Common man... side kick? why dont you grab a curve or the 8800's or wait a few weeks and get the 9000?

damn boi... lol

Dude? I'm a female LOL

Yes I am aware there are full keyboard BB's but I prefer smaller BB's due to having to carry them in a pouch under my wheelchair.

The 9000 is UGLY. I just bought an 8120 (bypassed on the LX due to the size issue and the stability of the BB).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast