Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by zantopad But its good to know that all is well and things ... Android Smartphones forum

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by zantopad View Post
    But its good to know that all is well and things are only going to get better in the Android community...
    Yes, at the end of the day, I'm very happy that Android is doing so well. This heats up the competition and pushes everyone else that are serious smartphone makers like RIM and Apple et al, to do an even better job with their devices. Therefore we (the consumer) end up with more choices and better smartphones all around. The competitive environment, as made possible by our free enterprise system, provides consumers the best of all worlds this way.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    lol this sounds like a commercial. So i realized something else not related to the quoted text but MOTOROLA makes the droid and the clunk(cliq). Many years ago i vowed to NEVER purchase another Motorola cell phone because they were the biggest pieces of reindeer doo EVER.
    Last edited by azstar; 12-14-2009 at 12:45 AM. Reason: removed quoted text posted by spammer

crackaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Android is really growing so far I really like mine.

Walmart has the droid for $159.99. That is a really good deal. I talked to a verizon rep and its $299.00 and with a instant rebate $199.00. I am all about saving some cash and this is the way I will prob go. So If I order this phone what do i have to do? Call Verizon and have them activate it? I have always just went in the store selected a phone and I am good to go reason asking.

Quote Originally Posted by crackaberry View Post
    Walmart has the droid for $159.99. That is a really good deal. I talked to a verizon rep and its $299.00 and with a instant rebate $199.00. I am all about saving some cash and this is the way I will prob go. So If I order this phone what do i have to do? Call Verizon and have them activate it? I have always just went in the store selected a phone and I am good to go reason asking.
    It's very easy really. The key is to have a Gmail account. If you do not, just go there on your PC and set one up for free. Then when your Droid arrives all you do is input the basic info (username, password) from your Gmail account and you will be prompted from there. It's the easiest & fastest smartphone that I've ever setup.
    Last edited by mobile99; 12-14-2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks mobile99. Verizon packages are a bit higher than what I am paying now. But you get what you pay for.

Thanks mobile99. Verizon packages are a bit higher than what I am paying now. But you get what you pay for.
    You are very welcome.

Here's my take on the various carriers. For the last 5 years, as I have become so enthused about smartphones, I've decided to activate and maintain several lines from different carriers at the same time. This allows me the ability to have some different smartphones to use and enjoy. Thus my only point is that I'm an AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint customer. Just like phones they all have their pros and cons. In general, my experience is the two best are AT&T and Verizon. Not once have I ever had either of them fail to take care of me if there was a problem.

I also believe that many users are quick to bash both of these top carriers, with little true evidence to back up their claims.

When I call in, I'm friendly, pleasant and get treated that way in return. Furthermore each time (and there have only been a few) that either of them has made a mistake on my bill, they have thanked me for calling it to their attention, and always given me an extra monetary credit above and beyond their mistake as a gesture of good will.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    You are completely right Mobile99! Imagine my shock to find that when you call Verizon, theres no ring, just "hello welcome to Verizon how may I assist you today?" I love that! They gave me so much to gain me as a customer that TMO never had a chance of keeping me. Buy 1 get 1 free(HUGE!!!), the best Android device available, 16gb sd card included, 1st bill free, and made my monthly bill the same as it was with TMO! Also 30 day remorse period instead of the 14 tmo gives you. I never dropped calls with Tmo so we shall see about Verizon's network, but wow what a start.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You may want to wait for the Nexus One Google phone. It will work on TMO and may be coming out in Jan if the rumors are true.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Here's a thread about the Nexus One http://forums.pinstack.com/f60/googl...mobile-116967/

I went to Walmart and picked up my Droid. I was in and out in about 15 mins. It is a big step up from the hero and my previous carrier. Now I need a good case for it and a zagg protector.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

I went to Walmart and picked up my Droid. I was in and out in about 15 mins.
    What a refreshing change as compared to standing around in any major carriers store for a few hours while trying to spend ones hard earned money.

And it only gets better, if you enjoy your Droid as much as I'm enjoying mine you will really be satisfied.

I am looking for a body glove and a holster for mine. What do you all have and like?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I am also w/ TMO, been a loyal BB user for the past 4 yrs. My biggest issue w/ my current 8900 is the internet is so inconsistent it irritates me to the point i want to throw my phone against a concrete wall. When i NEED the internet to work, it doesn't. When i want to play cause i'm bored it works, load times for google maps & web pages are ridiculous. It doesn't have 3G obviously & lately the signal has been crap! (i know TMO has had several network outages in the past couple months) one minute I may have full EDGE, the next it's SOS only, then maybe GSM & for some reason it only likes my home wifi network when it used to connect to others free wifi & do fine. I like TMO's prices, but honestly that's about all they have going for themselves in my opinion.

I am thinking of switching to VZW for the Droid. I hear VZW has really made huge strides in their service over the past couple years & they seem to stay on top of the latest & greatest devices out.

So the Droid is where it's at according everyone here? Is there another android phone that's bigger/better coming out soon on VZW, i know baout the nexus one, but again i think i'm done w/ TMO.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    oh, a buddy did say the camera sucks on the Droid though...does VZW lock the phone down in any way & make you pay for those services?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast