Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

I'm looking for an android device. I've owned a mytouch 3g but was disappointed with ... Android Smartphones forum

  1. #1
    labevlol's Avatar
    labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    Posts
    477

    Looking for a device

    Advertisement



    I'm looking for an android device. I've owned a mytouch 3g but was disappointed with no keyboard. I know little to nothing about android devices or even current ones available. I need a keyboard. Anyone willing to help? I'm currently with tmobile but can work with an unlocked device...

  2. #2
    rdills's Avatar
    rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,255
    Have you looked at the Cliq? It's your only option for an Android device with a hardware keyboard if you're staying with Tmo.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

  3. #3
    labevlol's Avatar
    labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    Posts
    477
    I know of the cliq but haven't really looked into it. I will now though and thank you for your response.

  4. #4
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

  5. #5
    mobile99's Avatar
    mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by labevlol View Post
    I'm looking for an android device. I've owned a mytouch 3g but was disappointed with no keyboard. I know little to nothing about android devices or even current ones available. I need a keyboard. Anyone willing to help? I'm currently with tmobile but can work with an unlocked device...
    If you want the best of the best of the Android Phones then the Droid is the way to go. Yes, you will have to switch carriers to Verizon (I did) and I found it worth every penny. The Droid is a fantastic Android phone and beginning yesterday they began pushing out a new OS update to everyone's Droids. I just happened to be in the first group to receive it and my battery life is up by about 25% so far today, along with many other small to medium size enhancements. The Android project is on a roll and enjoying great public acceptance. Sales are strong and only going to get stronger as the other handset manufacturers release their Android phones. I'm certainly glad I took the plunge and so far in the time I've had mine (since day one of the release) It's been fast, stable and very reliable. I could not be happier.

  6. #6
    rdills's Avatar
    rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,255
    @ mobile
    So true. I just made the switch for the Droid. I just got tired of waiting on Tmo to get serious. They expect us to wait until 2010 just to get a 2.0 update! The Droid, which already has 2.0, gets another update after only a month. That tells you who's about business. But my Droid arrives tomorrow, I hope it comes with the update.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

  7. #7
    mobile99's Avatar
    mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    @ mobile
    So true. I just made the switch for the Droid. I just got tired of waiting on Tmo to get serious. They expect us to wait until 2010 just to get a 2.0 update! The Droid, which already has 2.0, gets another update after only a month. That tells you who's about business. But my Droid arrives tomorrow, I hope it comes with the update.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
    No worries, the updates should be on yours and if not they will be pushed out as it's activated. Also the absolute newest are being pushed out in modules to large groups of users until everyone has it, this started two days ago. I just happened to be in the first group to have the update pushed to my phone and the battery life after two days now is easily 20% greater. As well as having some other very nice refinements.

  8. #8
    zantopad's Avatar
    zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    157
    I have to agree that verizon has the best android devices right now. Don't forget about the Eris though, it is an amazing device as well, if you're looking for a sleeker droid without the extra weight/bulge of the "average" physical qwerty. All things considered the droid is a very slim device given that it has a full slide out qwerty, its just not my style. And HTC's Sense UI more than makes up for having to wait a few months for android 2.0. In case you're wondering I have my Eris in hand, but I am waiting to activate it for another week because the wife gets very jealous if I activate my new phone a whole week before she gets her upgrade! She is sticking with blackberry, it does everything she needs... But its good to know that all is well and things are only going to get better in the Android community...

  9. #9
    rdills's Avatar
    rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,255
    Quote Originally Posted by zantopad View Post
    I have to agree that verizon has the best android devices right now. Don't forget about the Eris though, it is an amazing device as well, if you're looking for a sleeker droid without the extra weight/bulge of the "average" physical qwerty. All things considered the droid is a very slim device given that it has a full slide out qwerty, its just not my style. And HTC's Sense UI more than makes up for having to wait a few months for android 2.0. In case you're wondering I have my Eris in hand, but I am waiting to activate it for another week because the wife gets very jealous if I activate my new phone a whole week before she gets her upgrade! She is sticking with blackberry, it does everything she needs... But its good to know that all is well and things are only going to get better in the Android community...
    I know what you mean. I just gave my lady the Eris.LOL..It was a surprise for Christmas, but she had that killer look in her eyes as I played with my Droid, so I had to give it to her early. Oh the joy!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

  10. #10
    zantopad's Avatar
    zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    157
    Yep, I know the look you're talking about lol
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

  11. #11
    labevlol's Avatar
    labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    If you want the best of the best of the Android Phones then the Droid is the way to go. Yes, you will have to switch carriers to Verizon (I did) and I found it worth every penny. The Droid is a fantastic Android phone and beginning yesterday they began pushing out a new OS update to everyone's Droids. I just happened to be in the first group to receive it and my battery life is up by about 25% so far today, along with many other small to medium size enhancements. The Android project is on a roll and enjoying great public acceptance. Sales are strong and only going to get stronger as the other handset manufacturers release their Android phones. I'm certainly glad I took the plunge and so far in the time I've had mine (since day one of the release) It's been fast, stable and very reliable. I could not be happier.
    ive played with the droid and thats really what made me try android again. Unfortunately I'm only 9 months into my contract with tmo so no switching will be going on for now...

  12. #12
    rdills's Avatar
    rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,255
    Quote Originally Posted by labevlol View Post
    ive played with the droid and thats really what made me try android again. Unfortunately I'm only 9 months into my contract with tmo so no switching will be going on for now...
    Just a thought, say your bill is at least 75 per Mon, with 9 long months left. That = 675.00 VS 200.00 to get out now and have the Droid you want and need. Even add the 200.00 price for the Droid and its still 275 cheaper than staying on TMO. That's what I convinced myself of anyways!LOL So glad I made the switch. The difference is apparent immediately.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

  13. #13
    labevlol's Avatar
    labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Just a thought, say your bill is at least 75 per Mon, with 9 long months left. That = 675.00 VS 200.00 to get out now and have the Droid you want and need. Even add the 200.00 price for the Droid and its still 275 cheaper than staying on TMO. That's what I convinced myself of anyways!LOL So glad I made the switch. The difference is apparent immediately.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    true haha.

  14. #14
    pdxmatts's Avatar
    pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,702
    If you go here to Walmart's site, you can get the Droid with new activation for $179.00 plus free activation. Not bad at all!

    http://walmart.letstalk.com/product/...100&corpId=511

  15. #15
    mobile99's Avatar
    mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    If you go here to Walmart's site, you can get the Droid with new activation for $179.00 plus free activation. Not bad at all!

    http://walmart.letstalk.com/product/...100&corpId=511
    +1

    I've checked out this new strategic alliance between Walmart and Let's Talk and the deals are indeed as they appear. There are no hidden charges or any extra fees. The service (transitioning from one to the other) is seamless and the entire experience is stellar. Let's face it, no matter what each of our personal opinions are about Walmart, they have tremendous clout, and they have put it behind Let's Talk to bring us, the users really great deals.

    I've done business in the past (prior to this alliance) with Let's Talk directly, and it was a great experience. Recently I took advantage of the Walmart offer, and now the prices are even lower. In my opinion this is the place to go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •