So I'm considering buying an unlocked KE970 . Will be about $350-$400. I won't get ... Android Smartphones forum

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

LG Shine (KE970) --> I want it!

Advertisement

So I'm considering buying an unlocked KE970. Will be about $350-$400. I won't get rid of my Berry, because I just couldn't do that - but it would give me some variety in my life (just switch in and out the sim whenever I want).

- 240 x 320 px QVGA 262k color screen
    - 2.0 mega pixel camera (w. Schneider-Kreuznach lens)
    - Bluetooth A2DP stereo
    - Capture 3GP video
    - microSD cards (up to 2 GB)
    - MP3 music player
    - view Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Text, PDF attachments
    - Send and receive SMS, EMS, and MMS <----- not sure what EMS are?

One downside is only a TriBand (GSM 900 1800 1900), so don't know if that will make a difference.

Anyone heard of it? What do you guys think?

andy_mobile no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: LG Shine (KE970) --> I want it!

No, no, and finally, no...

The reason I'm paying $180 a month in mobile phone contracts is because of LG. I've had to go out and get a bb, with 6 months left to run on my other contract. I had an LG Chocolate.

It's been back for a screen repair once, and I've since had days where I haven't been able to hear any voices on the phone, at all. A friend in work, who's son had one, said the same had happened to him.

Even the guy in the O2 shop said they'd stopped selling them, so unreliable were the handsets.

I appreciate that's regarding the Chocolate, but still. I really, really wouldn't go near another LG phone. And I'm usually pretty forgiving with my electronics.

andy.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ my wife has an LG Shine, pretty decent phone actually. Haven't tried putting my BB si card in it though, never thought about it viewing all those docs as well. Sorry to hear about the chocolate, I've had a couple LGs myself and never had a prob. Then again I always baby my electronics too.....

Yep, know what you mean. The LG phones are beautiful to look at, and I actually quite like their OS. It's just the reliability that was an issue for me.

But if it's looks and ease of use you want, then by all means. I just wouldn't risk it again, personally.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

The phone I want is the Motorola ROKR E6. This is about the size of the SLVR but very sweet! Check out the specs here: (note it can be modded to quadband and EDGE!!) http://myworldphone.com/motrokre6.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HofSBCnnJPc
    Last edited by dasupaman23; 06-29-2007 at 07:59 PM.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mobile
    Yep, know what you mean. The LG phones are beautiful to look at, and I actually quite like their OS. It's just the reliability that was an issue for me. But if it's looks and ease of use you want, then by all means. I just wouldn't risk it again, personally.
    That's one thing I am worried about if I do get one. $400, and no where to get a replacement if something goes wrong. I have never had an LG, but I know things go wrong with all phones. Heck, I've already had to get a replacement for my Pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by ted
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ my wife has an LG Shine, pretty decent phone actually. Haven't tried putting my BB si card in it though, never thought about it viewing all those docs as well. Sorry to hear about the chocolate, I've had a couple LGs myself and never had a prob. Then again I always baby my electronics too.....
    I baby my nice electronics too. I would really baby the Shine, though, because it would be a secondary phone, so I would use my Pearl more often. Everything I see about it, the more that I want! Ahhh!

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    The phone I want is the Motorola ROKR E6. This is about the size of the SLVR but very sweet! Check out the specs here: (note it can be modded to quadband and EDGE!!)
    That does look nice supaman. $300 for an unlocked one, and it's yours! What's the difference on the ROKR Z6? Did you see that?

That's the problem. You'd need to buy it from a store, I'd think. I'm certainly glad I did, else I would have had no comeback when I needed the new screen. The problem with voice calls fixed itself, twice. But it's not a good sign when the biggest network in our country stopped selling one of LGs phones, "because they're crap".

andy.
    Last edited by andy_mobile; 06-30-2007 at 06:29 AM.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon

That does look nice supaman. $300 for an unlocked one, and it's yours! What's the difference on the ROKR Z6? Did you see that?
    The z6 is going to be the replacement for the RIZR (slider). The other nice thing about the E6 is that it's Linux based. And I hear they are still working on a hack to allow for wifi. I am guessing with a wifi mem card, similar to the Treo's. (http://www.engadget.com/2004/12/15/a...rivers-hacked/)

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mobile
    That's the problem. You'd need to buy it from a store, I'd think. I'm certainly glad I did, else I would have had no comeback when I needed the new screen. The problem with voice calls fixed itself, twice. But it's not a good sign when the biggest network in our country stopped selling one of LGs phones, "because they're crap"
    see, the problem with that for me is i don't believe this is available in the united states. so a store isn't an option unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    The z6 is going to be the replacement for the RIZR (slider). The other nice thing about the E6 is that it's Linux based. And I hear they are still working on a hack to allow for wifi. I am guessing with a wifi mem card, similar to the Treo's.
    yeah, that would be fun to have, too. i'm not going to lie...i really would like to have about 7 different phones, and just switch them up as i want to. if only there was an external sim card slot! haha (oh yeah, and if only i had the money to buy everything i wanted...that's probably key)