Hello guys, I need your help in order to choose the smartphone that matches my ... Android Smartphones forum

radiohead1973 no está en línea Stack level 1

LG Optimus Pro?

Hello guys,

I need your help in order to choose the smartphone that matches my needs.

My needs are:

- calling
    - checking emails and, sometimes, writing some..but not too long
    - using two apps related to photography
    - watching photos on flickr
    - using a navigator
    - surfing the net
    - listening to music

I don't care about internal camera, wherease qwerty is a must have (I just don't get used to virtual keyboards). I played with htc chacha and that is a really good qwerty, but that phone is over my budget (that is 200 euro more or less).

As per above I was thinking about LG Optimus Pro (in Italy 170 euro) but there are a couple of things that I don't like:

- only 256 ram
    - low definition display (maybe not the best to see photos)

Would you recommend this device for my needs?

Thank you!

I forgot to tell you that I never used a Blackberry, so I don't know how good could be its qwerty (ignorance is bliss!!) and my actual phone is a Nokia with Symbian s60 3.2. o.s.....just to let you know that I will be impressed very easily with a new phone, even if it is not the best.

jamesdenoil no está en línea Stack level 1
    go for LG optimus black

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    A Samsung that is comparable to the LG.

Honestly haven't spent a lot of time with keyboard androids. Scanning the ones out looks as though screen resolution is going to be lacking on most.

I would investigate blackberry as well, but be sure the apps you need are available for bb os.

You could consider sliders, as some have excellent keyboards. Honestly, I believe blackberry still does the best physical keyboard amoung all devices.
    Heck, give touch a chance. You would be surprised at how quickly you get used to it.