Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EricaJ1073

Ok Android pros....need some assistance here. Yesterday I was sending and receiving pics of my ... Android Smartphones forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Blog Entries

LG myTouch Q Frozen

Ok Android pros....need some assistance here.

Yesterday I was sending and receiving pics of my nieces. My phone was receiving the pics faster than I could open them. Well, now the thing is completely unresponsive. I tried deleting apps to speed up the phone and free up memory. When the phone boots up, I try to swipe up or down to access settings to wipe the thing but that hasn't worked either. I get a black screen and Force Close errors on anything I try to open up (even the keyboard) and I have to yank the battery to get somewhere.

I'm running Gingerbread 2.3.3. I have tried a hard reset but that doesn't seem to help. I just got this phone last month and hate to end up with a refurbished replacement. Help??
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-02-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Blog Entries
    I guess it just needed a little time out. It's working again properly.
    RogerG likes this.

jfcooley está en línea ahora Stack Professional
    Let us know if it keeps up. Will do what we can to help.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm a bit late here Erica. But let me suggest something. It may be a pain...
    If you were downloading and transferring pictures and videos, you might have picked up some cache that won't go away. Or something worse that you don't want to have ´cause it will come back to haunt you.
    I had something similar happening like that to a HTC and I tried everything, and finally did get it to work, just like you. Since I wasn't happy with the fact that it happened in the first place, and Sense 3.0 was slow, I just went and did a factory reset. And, drat, the phone carried on the same as before. Didn't freeze, but it was as slow as a slug.
    I was impatient with it. But something struck me...the microSD? I backed up the pics and music and whatnot to my PC, reformatted it, and whamo! problem solved.
    It wasn't the phone. It was the stupid, cheap, original 4Gb card that stuffed everything up.
    Just a thought...
    Delfim M Cardoso -"The system of nature, of which man is a part, tends to be self-balancing, self-adjusting, self-cleansing. Not so with technology. ~E.F. Schumacher"

jfcooley está en línea ahora Stack Professional
    Thanks Del, I honestly hadn't thought about that.

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys but the pics were never on my SD card. They were sent to me as MMS and I forwarded them as MMS to my mom's phone. And this is the same media card that was in my Bold so I know it's a good card.