Well, Amazon is finally making Kindle available for Android users 1.6+ (with SD card). You ... Android Smartphones forum

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5

Smile Kindle for Android coming this summer

Advertisement

Well, Amazon is finally making Kindle available for Android users 1.6+ (with SD card). You will be able browse, search and purchase without exiting the app (nice). There is some more information in the link below:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/18/k...g-this-summer/

Now, if B&N can get on the ball that would be great.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks for the post, gg. I MAY just be an Android user by the time this comes out. Wonder if I could read from a smaller screen than the 6" Kindle I'm using now...and wonder how this would be on the phone battery - the Kindle battery last a looooooong time between recharges.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    This will be a great addition to the Market, the ability to purchase from within the app will be a nice plus. Reading will still be easier on your Kindle JB and the battery will not last as long either. But if you find yourself with time to kill and no Kindle in hand, it might be nice to be able to use the app on your phone
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    This will be a great addition to the Market, the ability to purchase from within the app will be a nice plus. Reading will still be easier on your Kindle JB and the battery will not last as long either. But if you find yourself with time to kill and no Kindle in hand, it might be nice to be able to use the app on your phone
    Agree, it would be good for occasional spots if you're caught in a waiting situation with nothing to do - you could get another chapter or so read. Actually, I seldom use the Kindle at home - still prefer holding a book but it sure is great when traveling. Right now my wife has almost taken it over full time - I think I'm gonna have to get her one to get mine back.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Amazon is now letting you sign up for Kindle notification:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...ksontheknob-20

This app will definitely be useful for those times when you don't have the Kindle in hand. Right now, I'm using Aldiko app but being able to sync AMZ purchases with my phone would be great. I'm really looking forward to this.

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    Assuming they made your Kindle and Android Kindle purchases able to co-exist, I would like to see functionality to sync where you left off on one device to continue on another.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

Come and get it! The app is now in the market...

http://phandroid.com/2010/06/28/amaz...r-android-now/

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am trying it out, looking forward to them getting the store into the app instead of going to the mobile site, but finding/purchasing books right from the browser is still easy and painless

It's not fancy, no page turning effects like ibooks, but it's nice.

I do have two issues with it, they could be related to it not being compatible with my 2.2 ROM, but if I am reading and hit the power button to turn off the display/screen, the home/back/menu/search buttons stay lit. Also if I am reading and hit the home key then go back to the app, it FCs and I have to reopen it and my book.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4