Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LOL, I think rooting mine is way down the road for me, so far it's ... Android Smartphones forum

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

LOL, I think rooting mine is way down the road for me, so far it's done everything I've wanted it to do. For me, *I'm* the tech friend everyone goes to for help, I've got nobody close that can do stuff like that for me. ;-)

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    lol, but rooting unlocks so much more trust me, after you see all the stuff you can do after rooting, you'll do it soon. I wanted to wait at least a month before doing so, and I couldn't take it. I took in as much info as I could about rooting since I was deathly afraid of bricking it, and eventually found it's pretty simple. You can't overclock, use an ad-blocker, "Quick Boot"-type apps (which at the touch of a button reboots your phone into bootloader, recovery or a normal reboot), install custom roms, use most features of the Terminal....endless reasons to do it
    My Phone: Nexus One
    Version: 2.3.7
    What I'm running now: CM7 Nightly latest build

OriginalLucy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi all, I too just received the gift of a Motorola XT720 Milestone. It is quite the toy. At first, I didn't quite know what to make of it. I have/had a Nokia E71 (which I love for it's purposes) and didn't quite "get" the android platform. I am amazed at how much you can customize it while still not "rooting" it. I was skeptical about not having a hardware qwerty keyboard, and I still miss it on occasion, but I am getting over it. The speed of connection to wifi, the call clarity, the ease of using online calendars and email, wow, I could go on and on. Did I say, I am liking it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12