Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don't laugh but up until a couple days ago, I've had the 8100 since 2007, ... Android Smartphones forum

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3

Just made the switch to Android

Advertisement

Don't laugh but up until a couple days ago, I've had the 8100 since 2007, through 3 different phones. One got submerged in water. The new one I had shipped to me got stolen (USPS likes to leave packages outside my door), so I had to wait longer, and then that one was defective with trackball problems. Two days ago I gave up BlackBerry (never thought I'd say it) for a Nexus One and so far I think it's fantastic. I think it's a solid device all around, of course with a couple minor annoyances, but it's quite a few steps up from the Pearl I carried around for 3 years. I had no Wi-Fi, no 3G, and no GPS capabilities. Downloading even the simplest webpages sometimes took minutes, and some wouldn't download unless the cache was emptied. Now, I am looking forward to the beta version of Fennec, and more. Not to mention me being a huge Linux fan on my PC. I couldn't resist trying out another form of the Linux kernel.

Just wanted to share with other Stackers, my excitement for this device and the future of Android.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Welcome to Android. Great device you have. It is the top one in the Android pile if you ask me. I'ce been playing with it since it came out. I just picked up an Incredible a few hours ago so I'll see how they compare on everything. Should be about the same since the hardware is virtually the same. There's nothing like the customization on the nexus. Have fun. Congrats.

Thanks, and I agree, you could probably call it the "flagship" Android device. I'm still getting used to everything yet, such as customization. The live wallpapers are insane, and the quality of free applications in the Market is amazing. I still want to find out how to root it, so I can install roms. I'm still very much a noob again.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Welcome to Android! I have been using my Moto Droid since it's launch weekend, rooted it about a month later, love it! Some really fun and amazing apps...if you want something that is just cool to mess around with, try Robot View(free in the Market)
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thanks!! I'm loving it so far. Slacker Radio is great. I definitely want to get acquainted with the N1 before I attempt messing around with rooting and roms. I just downloaded Robot View, its pretty cool!

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Enjoy, Loving my N1, and will never go back!

I hear you. Everything about this phone is just amazing. What CANT Android do?

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    rooted moto droid checking in. welcome to android! check out the Must Have Apps thread. feel free to ask for assistance. we're a family here on PS - Android.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

Thanks WhitePearlPXL for the welcome to Android! even though I've been a member of PS for almost 2 years it feels like I just joined up, getting all the welcomes

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I had a mytouch last august and had to return it after having blackberry's for 4 years. I once too had a 8100 pearl, it is an amazing device back in the day , my question thou does work e-mail play nice with android? I couldn't for the life of me get my work e-mail to load on the mytouch. I downloaded an app called K-9 and it barely worked before crashing. I ended up getting an iphone after that.

For the OP, congrats on your purchase

I'm sorry to hear about your switch to apple

I'm not the one to ask about Android being used for work email, but I understand you can configure a lot of email accounts just like you could on the Blackberry. I don't know many technical details beyond that, maybe somebody else does.

And thanks, I think I'll be an Android user for a looooooong time

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just made the switch too. Can't seem to put it down.

I am still just as excited about my same phone, the N1, as I was back in May.
    My Phone: Nexus One
    Version: 2.3.7
    What I'm running now: CM7 Nightly latest build

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just got the Droid X three days ago, loving it, finally let my BlackBerry Storm 2 go and the touch (instead of push) screen is taking some time to get used to. :-P. I'm guessing the Droid X battery life will go up if I ever let the screen go dark... LOL

Hope you like your Droid....I have had my N1 for about 10 months now, with very few complaints. I know the Droid and Nexus are two different phones but virtually everything about the N1 is outstanding. My only complaint is sometimes I wish I had a hardware keyboard.....but this phone is so great, I always forget about it. I have rooted it (w/ the help of my fellow Stackers), un-rooted, flashed multiple roms, thought many times that I bricked it but now I can practically do it in my sleep Android is great. Glad you decided on one. PS: you'd be amazed at what you can accomplish by tapping and holding something. Good luck.
    My Phone: Nexus One
    Version: 2.3.7
    What I'm running now: CM7 Nightly latest build

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast