Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

You missed PinStack in its heyday, KTW. We did have hundreds of members on board ... Android Smartphones forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

You missed PinStack in its heyday, KTW. We did have hundreds of members on board at all times and we were still humble and friendly. That's what brought people here instead of the likes of Crackberry and other such forums. You could ask a question and people here would fall all over themselves to see who could answer it the fastest, instead of getting all huffy and condescending and telling you to go search for something that may have already been asked.

People got upset when we switched from all things BlackBerry to all-inclusive and left. I can almost guarantee that most of them have since moved on to another platform and never found another forum quite like this one. It's a shame, but it is what it is.

This contest will be a little different from past ones with some pretty stringent requirements for winning prizes. That's an advantage to those of you who are already here. We can't make people stay, but we sure can make them work for it if they want to win something.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    You beat me to the reply.
    About the requirements, fan-freaking-tastic.

I won't lie, I'd like to win, for the boys or Cassie, but I'm not upset if don't. Just hate seeing those gold diggers.....
    Delfim likes this.

It was Jerryd app tracker that led me here.
    And I miss "ban the member above you".

KTW, Roger wasn't kidding. I was going to dig up a few links but they all seem to be gone.

Nothing should be gone. Keep digging.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    It was Jerryd app tracker that led me here.
    And I miss "ban the member above you".

KTW, Roger wasn't kidding. I was going to dig up a few links but they all seem to be gone.
    I know, pinstacks search is sometimes accurate in giving you relevant information but many times its the worst search feature I have ever used so I just typed "ban the person above you pinstack" and found this: http://forums.pinstack.com/f93/ban_t...ove_you-51754/

it was the 3rd search result in my Google search if I'm not mistaken, is this the correct one or is it a different thread that you are referring too Cooley ?

Those threads I'm talking about won't show. They're for premium members.

They're fun, along with word association.

You'd have to pay to play....

Not enough activity anyway. Back in the day there was a weekly roundup with a podcast. They would pick a "Poster of the Week" and that person got a month of premium free.

Won 2 or three times.

There were some fun threads where SVT, red, thbassman and others just had a good time. Really wasn't any bickering (really isn't now).

Add the Bellshare beta tests and Pinstack kept you busy. I remember checking in at 2 am to see what was new and there being quite a few new threads.

We've kept the feel, just lost posting members. Roger nailed it, this was a civil active place. Shame folks had to be so short sighted and leave over format changes.

As it stands, I have accounts on a lot of forums, but this is the only one I like and post daily (hell, at all) on. Here its like talking to friends, always has been. That's feeling of friendship carries on through the interwebs. Proof is in the caring and compassion you see when life beyond smartphones rears its head here. Jeremy will always be a part of the stacks, and we feel when others go through tough times. Cheri and her daughters illness reflect that. There's even a train wreck thread where members came together to help communicate for another.

These "one and done" folks and contest only folks are cheating themselves out of a great community. That's why I'm so vocal about it. If they'd stay they'd see themselves just as welcome as longtime members. No one is internet snobby here.

KTW
    what was the story behind the train wreck thread and what happened, do you have a URL for that thread Cooley ?

Oh wow, I had forgotten about that LA train wreck! Let me see if I can dig that up somehow. Damn that brings chills to my spine just thinking about it.

Somebody (can't remember the user name) was involved in a train wreck in Los Angeles, I think it was. People died in this thing. He couldn't communicate with his family to let people know he was personally okay, so he came to the Stacks and had somebody here call his wife to let her now.

Wow. I'm actually tearing up as I write this. Lack of sleep, I think.

Our boy Cats was the hero getting ahold of Ice's son.

Just. Wow.

"I try again to call and text...nothing will connect

I then start to try and connect to PinStack....what do you know...I got a connection....

I post up what happened to try and take my mind off things.
    i get a reply ( I should know that someone is always on pinstack ) so I post up my status and ask that someone else try and reach my wife to let her know I am ok....RoGro and Catstide step up and take charge....Catstide begins to call my wife....No connection...again and again....never giving up....keeping me informed the entire time....about 20-30 mins goes by and I read that Catstide has made contact with my son who is with my wife....gives him the news and where to pick me up.....

I have so many bad thoughts and images in my head from last night....but the one things that comes to mind about this entire event is the support I got from my fellow Stackers....they help me not alone contact my wife and give her updates...but also help comfort me...just knowng that I was able to communicate with my wife via my fellow Stacker really help calm me down....if not for my Blackberry, PinStack, and my fellow Stackers.....the night could have been alot more stressful for myself and my family.....

I owe everyone here at PinStack a huge thank you for lending your help to a stranger.....it means alot to me.....While my Blackberry didn't actually save my life it did allow me a road of communication to the "outside" world via this site which lead to my information getting to my family....so again...To Hayden and his crew....to RoGro and Catstide"

THIS IS WHAT PINSTACK HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!

Yep that's it. Good jobs Cat.
    Amazing things happen over 9 years.

KTW
    I could have imagined if he had posted that on another forum, they would call him a spam artist.

so you first found out about the train wreck from him before you heard the news Roger ?
    Last edited by KTW; 08-29-2013 at 03:19 PM.

so you first found out about the train wreck from him before you heard the news Rog
    Yes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12