Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

are there any new features that ics never had ? or any differences in stock ... Android Smartphones forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

jelly bean was released as an OTA for the GS2 recently. what's new ?

Advertisement

are there any new features that ics never had ? or any differences in stock apps such as the memo, calculator, calendar etc

also how do I get the old calender back as it displayed all the public holidays and it appears this new stock calender does/dose not, or can I enable this as a setting ?

the same old story, family members S2 (i still have my EVO)

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

KTW
    wow that's some fancy animation, how did you do that ? I didn't even have to type what I was searching for. can you do one for proving AAA batteries will work in a phone

Cooley the Google royalty.

My point was this was old news and you could have easily hunted it down.

Sometimes I think you just make new threads because you like to type.

You ask the differences as if you don't have access to it, then ask how to change elements you don't like as if youre using it.

I personally don't mind helping, but this one was....well..really?

Be honest, your bumping your post count aren't you?

ProTip: no one cares about post count around here.....

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    ProTip: no one cares about post count around here.....
    Au contraire, mon frere......post count will be very important in the coming days.
    Delfim and jfcooley like this.

Lol, OK, MOST of the time post counts are irrelevant.

Thanks for the hint BTW.
    RogerG and Delfim like this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Jay catches on quick...

Guess I'll have to be "me" and start posting again. I suspect there's quality of posts in play as well.

Nice. Like the Facebook comment. Who's posting as Pinstack.com? Roger?

Yes, that's me on Facebook.

KTW
    if the prize is to do with Facebook then count me out. I deleted my Facebook account for a reason.

just to be clear, that S2 is owned buy my mom ( not very tech savvy) I play around with her S2 now and then. the reason I rather post on pinstack then just spend 15 seconds googling it, is because I felt there is hardly anything happening in the forums, it's quiet, so I try to start a conversation. but if it is an annoyance then I will stop posting like this. I apologize if you feel that I am taking advantage of you Cooley, that is not my intention
    Last edited by KTW; 08-28-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Facebook is going to be part of it, but not a critical piece.

Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    if the prize is to do with Facebook then count me out. I deleted my Facebook account for a reason.

just to be clear, that S2 is owned buy my mom ( not very tech savvy) I play around with her S2 now and then. the reason I rather post on pinstack then just spend 15 seconds googling it, is because I felt there is hardly anything happening in the forums, it's quiet, so I try to start a conversation. but if it is an annoyance then I will stop posting like this. I apologize if you feel that I am taking advantage of you Cooley, that is not my intention
    Pick different topics.

KTW
    how were the PREVIOUS pinstack competitions won ? was it by who made the most posts/threads or who received the most likes ? or who got the most people to join pinstack ? and what we're the prizes ? if memory serves me correctly, the last prize I remember was a Samsung galaxy S2 or am I thinking of a different forum ?

Well one was how you helped users. Everytime you helped someone you were entered.

I liked that one

The last was facebook related. Some regulars won, Papa won a Negri gift certificate. We never saw the other winner.

Never gave away an S2. One guy won $500 and bought a Galaxy Tab 10.1. Last one Craig bought a Nexus 7.

Cases and software have been given away.

Get ready, there will be a lot of new folks floating around. Don't worry, they never stay long, which is sad.

KTW
    so from what I understand, the purpose of these competitions is to attract new members ?

one thing I really wouldn't like too see with pinstack is 150 members posting all the time, pinstack would loose its humble and friendly appeal...by that I mean, pinstack would just be like any other overcrowded forum, where no one knows anything about one another...I might be going a bit far buy saying this but pinstack would loose its "close friends" feel and would be like business as usual : "oh you got a new device, good for you" , no personal touch like: "gee never saw you going for that device. (we all have some idea of what each of us like and dislike in a device, for example Cooley hates anything with HTC written on it, Dell likes office suits, Chokem and Cooley like roms, Roger...well he is a quiet/silent one, dush, another silent one-all I know is he was a passionate bb owner, BHP likes all things Apple, capdot likes drawing his face on everything, cats...another silent one, as for me I'm sure you guys know about my strategically encoded spelling) you see ?
    it has that friendly touch of that "i know you - feeling" and not just some news for the day.

also we don't cary on like clowns trying to justify our opinions about what's better than what device, then get upset when someone disagrees, it's a circus I tell you.

though in all honesty pinstack could use a FEW more members. it can be quiet at times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast