I have a rooted Tmobile Nexus One. Last night, I downloaded InnovationsOS v3 from the ... Android Smartphones forum

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3

issues with rebooting after install of custom rom

Advertisement

I have a rooted Tmobile Nexus One. Last night, I downloaded InnovationsOS v3 from the Nexus One Android Development forum (XDA). Prior to this I was using FRF50. I wiped the phone back to factory settings and also wiped the Dalvik cache (as I've been told in the past). Flashing went just fine and within a few minutes I had InnovationsOS after a reboot. (Let me just say, with this one minor exception, InnovationsOS looks incredible and I loved every minute of it).

After installation of InnovationsOS, I set up AdFree which removes ads. I decided to do a quick reboot. The reboot wasn't so quick, and it stuck on the startup screen (the Nexus One/Google logo with the unlocked symbol below) for about 3 minutes. I didn't think this was good, so I tried a battery pull hoping for a normal reboot. Instead, what I got was the android falling out of the box. I tried a battery pull again and attempted to enter recovery, which worked. I wiped, and reloaded FRF50, and rebooted. I got the android and the box image, which wouldn't let me even boot into recovery anymore after several battery pulls. After a couple minutes of being completely stumped (and scared lifeless) I let the phone sit, and somehow it booted into recovery, where I wiped (again) and flashed InnovationsOS (again). After it loaded, it rebooted, and it's been working great since then, with the exception of one minor screen/keyboard bug...I press S, and get Z, or I press delete, and I get enter, etc. Plus hitting OK or Cancel on dialog boxes is impossible and need to use the trackball.

So, I would like to reboot to fix this problem and want to know what will happen, and I want to know what I did wrong above. I know all this sounds completely noob for this forum but I'm willing to learn, which is why I've been experimenting with rooting and flashing roms.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, anything is appreciated. Thanks.
    My Phone: Nexus One
    Version: 2.3.7
    What I'm running now: CM7 Nightly latest build

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Always always ALWAYS do a nandroid backup prior to flashing a new rom. Always wipe ext partition (if you have one). I'm not sure how to solve the problem..I'm a somewhat noob also when it comes to troubleshooting. I've read it's pretty difficult to brick an Android device...I'd say your best bet is probably to reboot to recovery and wipe everything and re-flash. Also check the xda forum for others reporting similar issues with that ROM

Thanks for the suggestions..I did do a nandroid backup prior to doing this. I guess I forgot to add that to my post. I also posted this same issue on XDA, so hopefully I can figure it out somehow.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Don't worry, this happens sometimes. It's the rom not playing nice on reboot. It is almost impossible to brick a android unless you are flashing radios. Take for instance when I flashed the first version of sense onto the nexus, I got the same thing you did seven times. It's it has been up and running for a few hours reboot and see what happens. Btw, pulling the battery isn't going to do anything other than shutting the device down quicker, that's it. It isn't some magical procedure that helps. What you know about BB doesn't apply here. My guess is that when you reboot everything will be ok. If you have issues open the thread for that rom at xda and do a search in that thread.

Thanks BHP for the reply...two posts saying it's almost impossible to brick an Android, have made me feel a little better, anyway, about flashing roms and troubleshooting on my own. I did what you suggested, and rebooted the phone. Instead of booting, it sat on the start screen with the unlocked symbol, this time I let it sit for 5 minutes before attempting a reboot into recovery, which worked. I wiped and flashed FroYo. After it rebooted, I got the notification about FRF91 from Google. I shouldn't have done this, but I decided to see if that would install, and it did. Now, somewhere along the way I believe I may have lost root access, since apps such as "AdFree" are not reporting they have root anymore. After this I tried a reboot into recovery which failed, I'm thinking it has something to do with not having root anymore. I'm not sure where to go from here, I should have just tried flashing the Sense rom while I had the chance. Now I can't even get back into recovery.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Go to the terminal app, type #su , hit enter and see what happens. If it comes back denied then you have lost root and will need to do the process over again. I'm not 100 % but i don't think the method of root has changed from eclair to froyo. It is the developer pjone so i doubt google is patching the old root process.