Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

this is a list of issues with my EVO: 1 closing of apps sometimes forces ... Android Smartphones forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

issues with HTC EVO 3D

Advertisement

this is a list of issues with my EVO:

1 closing of apps sometimes forces my launcher(HTC sense) to reload, i get the HTC logo as if the phone booted up again.

2 occasional messages telling me "widget is in a strange state" , the ESPN widget is completely unresponsive.

3 often get messages telling me to force close apps.

4 battery big text (percentage of battery remaining) sometimes jumps like 10%.

5 sometimes my battery level dose not show (i see an exclamation on the battery icon) but battery notifier big text still reads.

6 occasional black screen of death for a few seconds when opening opera mobile browser.

any of these issues sound familiar Cooley ?

but anyway, how do I solve these issues ?
    Last edited by KTW; 03-23-2013 at 01:57 PM.

KTW
    yeah, sent it in with virgin rsa....a warranty is a lovely thing to have.

I also learnt something strange or should I rather say I was told something strange...i heard that a possible reason for OTA updates messing up phones is because 3G connections are sometimes buggy(remember when you click on a website and it says either cant connect or page unavailable but when you click again just a second later- it works, web page loads beautifully. could this theory be plausible ?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Always best to do OTA upgrades when connected to WiFi.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    It is. Whenever possible download updates through WiFi.

As for the rest, has to wait until I get off work.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Always best to do OTA upgrades when connected to WiFi.
    the OTA was done through the wifi at my house, but the wifi uses a sim card so I suppose its the same as 3G. or is it not ?

BOMBER! forgot to mention to the repair rep that sometimes my battery level dose not show (i see an exclamation on the battery icon) but battery notifier big text still reads. also I experience battery jumps, eg 12% becomes 9% instantly. could this be related to a buggy OTA ? so should I rush off to tell them (repair centre) this aswell or should an os reinstall do the trick ? (that's what I think they will do)
    Last edited by KTW; 03-29-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: adding extra information

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Tell them everything

KTW
    think its a bit late for that as the device was sent in about 2 days ago...im sure they will test everything, last time I sent in my htc snap and they fixed the issues and did a camera test even though I mentioned nothing wrong with the camera, how I know they tested the camera ? = when I got my device back there was an image of some camera chart, writing underneath the chart read " CAMERA TEST"

besides...if there is still something wrong with it when I get it back I can always go to my...skoro skoro ( in native african language that means "rubbish junk of pure degradation and lack of everything" well something like that) phone that uses 2G, java os and a bottom of the range touch screen...ok I'm not sure how much longer I'll last without my droid but I'll survive.

though I do thank you roger and cooley for your assistance

Off the top of my head it sounded like something was cheering up resources.

It's an HTC. Nuff said.

KTW
    but still... is having a wifi with a sim card running on 3G networks the same as just downloading it with the 3G on the device ?

You're either using WiFi or your not.
    3g has nothing to do with it. Of you didn't sign into your WiFi network then it was using 3g. Doesn't use both at same time.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post

Tell them everything
    yeah, sent them an email but Im still waiting for a reply...hoping they will install GB-ginger bread and especially sense 3.0

KTW
    I should be getting my EVO back tomorrow so its ::quite:: (cooley please correct if wrong) a relief. using a 2008 win 6.5 standard phone can be a pain when used to a high end 2011 droid.

post script

I prefere my droid.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yikes, a 6.5 Win is a pain...good luck with the "new" toy KTW. Treat it well, and it will last you for quite a long while yet.

No it won't Del.
    I've got 2 as proof.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You´re a clumsy type of hillbilly. Only unbreakable plastic works for you. Hey, take a look at the thread with a POLL. Wow, I´m improving. Just go and do your thing Jay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast