Customer of mine wanted to know because he's concerned that his son will get into ... Android Smartphones forum

derekatverizon no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there a way to limit or block web access?

Advertisement

Customer of mine wanted to know because he's concerned that his son will get into somethings he shouldn't.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    It depends on the carrier but most have a monthly subscription to a service that will allow the parent of a minor to set certain limits on web access as well as content, I had it when I was with AT&T, and I know that Verizon has one also, but my LilOne has matured a bit that I'm not that worried anymore. Just tell them to give customer service a call and inquire...

derekatverizon no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if there was an app that would block or monitor usage. I'll let my customer know, thanks again.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Not trying to be a smartass but if your're worried about that why does he have a smartphone? just a curious question to which i'm sure you have a reasonable answer. No app that i know of, if you have android you can search the market on your pc with an app called app brain @ www.appbrain.com . see if you can come up with something. BTW, i dont have kids (yet)so i would like to know your response.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's not his child, he's asking for someone else.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Smart Lock, just found it on the market. Might be what you are looking for.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    go to appbrain.com and search child security , should be the first one in line.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    It's not his child, he's asking for someone else.
    lol, missed that part . just reread the post.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I misread them quite frequently myself
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Not trying to be a smartass but if your're worried about that why does he have a smartphone?
    When you have you children and you allow them access to the World Wide there are many mentally, and spiritually harmful things that can be seen even if by accident. Online they are one click or one press of a key away from something that may be inappropriate for young eyes you know: Rated R, MA, XXX.

Then there is the scheming "...just enter your phone number for a free ringtone..." yea the first maybe free, but the fine print that most young minds don't look at, clearly states that a $9.95 a month subscription will be added to your phone bill.

With something like Smart Limits (I believe AT&T) Family locator (Verizon) Lattitude (Google) these types of services are in high demand from concerned parents.

Thats just a few, and why give a child a phone these days, one - this is the Digital Age its just common place, and two for emergency calling and receiving because know matter where you are we live in a time that anything wrong could happened and as a parent you want to know where your child is and if they are safe when not with you.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    All very good points and I can't only rebute with limited firsthand knowledge but with valid points, IMO. To keep things on track that will require another thread.