Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by delfim Ok, my 2 cents... Ive had them all. Android, BB, iPhone, ... Android Smartphones forum

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Ok, my 2 cents...
    Ive had them all. Android, BB, iPhone, Symbian.
    And tested most of them, including the latest. And owned them too.
    My verdict ? Battery life on all, and I mean ALL, suck !
    But I must say the BB is the best for a simple reason: since its the simplest of the lot, WE SPEND LESS TIME tinkering with it. If you do, the battery sucks just as much.
    iOS and Android - we cant help it ... Its a plaything. But if you leave them alone, the battery is as good as any other.
    Idk del, iPhone 4 has an amazing battery life compared to ANY android device i've ever owned....I do agree about BB....my 9700 was insane. Lasted days.
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I think a lot of it has to do with advances in later devices. I suspect Android will get better with battery on newer devices.

For instance, my friends who have iPhones say that the iPhone 4 has much better battery life than the iPhone 3GS.

I had a BlackBerry 9000, which uses the same battery as the 9700. I frequently had to turn off 3G on the 9000 to get through the day, but I get much better battery life on the 9700 with 3G on all the time.

vel4769 no está en línea Stack level 2
    IMO the simplest tasks on android deplete large amounts of battery life. I believe its just a matter of time before a good android phone with great battery life comes out. People will demand this. Aren't we all looking forward to this? Why put up with apps, roms and gimmicks to save battery life. Why can't this be the norm? Well thanks for the input.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Funny, I thought battery issues were a thing of the past. They are for me and my DX.

17 hours unplugged and still at 60%. I could probably get another 17 hours easily. Droid X is king in this department.
    And I don't micro manage any settings. I like screen brightness high.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmay82 View Post
    Idk del, iPhone 4 has an amazing battery life compared to ANY android device i've ever owned....
    Not my experience B. They´re about the same. When I got this latest i4, my wife offered me a case/pack that´s really helps with this problem... take a look:

And it´s wonderful...

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Ok, my 2 cents...
    Ive had them all. Android, BB, iPhone, Symbian.
    And tested most of them, including the latest. And owned them too.
    My verdict ? Battery life on all, and I mean ALL, suck !
    But I must say the BB is the best for a simple reason: since its the simplest of the lot, WE SPEND LESS TIME tinkering with it. If you do, the battery sucks just as much.
    iOS and Android - we cant help it ... Its a plaything. But if you leave them alone, the battery is as good as any other.
    X2. I got great battery life out of my last BB. I could only really use it for phone calls and messages. If I wanted to do any web browsing, I would pick up an iPod touch or my laptop. I rarely pick up my laptop anymore since getting my Mesmerize.

I definitely won't argue that the Mez has great battery life, though. It blows, to be quite honest. And our good friends at Samsung overvolted the beejeebuz out of it on the 2.2 update, so it burns through the juice like a convict strapped to a chair.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12