Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's going on Stackers? How are we enjoying another day with our true "smartphone"? I ... Android Smartphones forum

bgill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461F24B

iRegret: Apple's smartphone isn't so smart

Advertisement

What's going on Stackers? How are we enjoying another day with our true "smartphone"? I was thinking to myself how awesome my Curve phone is when I came acroos this article http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21206757/ with the above title. It's a little funny because when I was looking to update my outdated Treo 650 I considered the iPhone (as well other models) but something, call it an independent spirit told to me to reconsider (close call let me tell you). I take a trip to the Cingular store and was talking to the Rep. when I asked him what he was using and he whips out the Curve (imagine heavenly glow and music). The phone was absolutely one of the most beautiful phones I have ever seen and after he showed me some of it's other functions I was sold!

The artcicle for me is just part of the reason I decided to go with the BB. I was suspicious with the outward bells and whistles of the iPhone (beauty only skin deep right?) and after further research came to the conclusion that you would have to get permission from Mr Jobs in order to do anything (can't change battery - really!? ) with your phone.

What do you think Stackers? PIN me if you like or reply to this post, Proclaim your independence!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: iRegret: Apple's smartphone isn't so smart

Here is how I see it, Iphone is like a hot chick but ugly on the inside. Curve is like a hot chick on the outside and even hotter on the inside. Welcome to the bb family and pinstack!

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

I love my 8320 Curve! I come from Pearl, my wife still has her Pearl.
    We are happy! I hate iTunes and everything that comes with it! (iPod,iPhone crap)

"That is until Apple updated the iPhone’s firmware and, at best, merely disabled add-ons like Installer.app, or, at worst, “bricked” iPhones that had been hacked to work with networks other than AT&T to the point of uselessness. What’s more (or actually, less), those simple hoped-for wish-list items such as contact search or copy and paste were absent from the update. "
    Last edited by harm_dzines; 10-25-2007 at 06:35 PM.

rabbott no está en línea Stack level 2

I went through almost exactly the same thought process ... but I was moving off of an old windows mobile PocketPC.

After researching the iPhone I went into the store and during this visit the rep showed me her 8300. I went back and did the research on the blackberry. Wow, am I glad I chose the BB!

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

I also went through a similar thought process. I just recently wanted to upgrade to a smart phone and was debating between the iPhone or a BB. After a lot of research and talking to sales rep's I went with the BB Pearl, and I don't regret it for a second.
    ~Lauren

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had a curve then sold it for an iphone. One month later sold the iphone for a newer curve. I love my crackberry.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Blackberry hands down especially on a corporate environment. Companies can code their own applications to suite their needs.

Lucah76 no está en línea Stack level 1

I think it was very big of the MSN writer to point out how he was wrong to initially rave about the iBone. Being an early adapter is a suckers bet, especially when a "trendy" company wants to rock the market. Not only do you run the risk of being the companies R&D dept. (which crApple loves to do), but you also run the risk of spending the most for something that will only get cheaper and better over time.

I think the iPhone looks cool and is a good concept, but if you put a piece of technology out there you either have to allow people to change it how they see fit, or...you have to make it perfect from the start. I doubt either of those will happen in Palo Alto any time soon.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

I ordered the 8130 pearl through the Verizon website and got it 2 dayz before the in-store release. I sleep with my phone! That's how much I love it. We cuddle everynight. Lol~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

That's a great article. I hate everything apple makes. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tackdetack no está en línea Stack level 4

and to think i was going to get an iphone over my precious pearl. hahahaha

i wouldnt even take an iphone if it was freee
    well maybe i would.
    -You don't need eyes to see, You need Vision.

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8

therre very few things th i phone dose for you oneof my buddys installed kismetaircrack ng an metasplot on his i brcik but the firmawres a nightmare even thogh he is an att customer he can't upgrad caushe has 3rdparty warz in his 4 gig iphone. yeah asking elstevo if you can' do sonthing suxors it's cesorship with drm if you ask me

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

If I were to choose between my bb and iphone to cater my telecommunication needs, definitely bb is the right choice. iPhone for me is merely a trend/fashion statement kind of thing but not as what bb could offer to its users in terms of usability and user-friendliness. I love Apple products but not this one ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
    therre very few things th i phone dose for you oneof my buddys installed kismetaircrack ng an metasplot on his i brcik but the firmawres a nightmare even thogh he is an att customer he can't upgrad caushe has 3rdparty warz in his 4 gig iphone. yeah asking elstevo if you can' do sonthing suxors it's cesorship with drm if you ask me
    I'm not sure what you said, but I think I agree if it's anti-iphone haha Maybe you were in the middle of a battle with Optimus Prime, I dunno....
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My pearl is with me 24/7 totally customised with 3rd party Apps that I dL for my needs. Pinstack has been my tutor.I'm not needy for streaming media so I can truly say the BBs are awesome if you have a bit of patience to set it up to suit you.you made the right decision!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast