By Joe Hutsko MSNBC contributor Updated: 6:34 p.m. PT Oct 15, 2007 My feeling toward ... Android Smartphones forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

iRegret: Apple's smartphone isn't so smart

Advertisement

By Joe Hutsko
    MSNBC contributor
    Updated: 6:34 p.m. PT Oct 15, 2007

My feeling toward my iPhone has gone from reasonably hopeful to hopeless regret.

When I purchased the iPhone the day they came out, I told myself that the long list of gripes were tolerable because Apple would very likely add so many of the missing features commonly found on every other smartphone. Simple things, like the ability to look up a contact by tapping in a few letters, or a way to copy and paste information from and e-mail or Web page into a contact or note card.

Sure, I felt stung by the so-soon-after-launch $200 price drop, and only mildly mollified by the $100 Apple Store credit the company offered in apology for so blatantly screwing early adopters like me. But I was willing to accept even that providing the most important iPhone must-have of all — the ability to run standalone third-party applications — was possible. Which, thanks to a add-on called Installer.app that opened up the iPhone to a growing library of cool programs like a GPS-like navigation tool and an ebook reader, was possible.

Read more

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Re: iRegret: Apple's smartphone isn't so smart

Ouch...

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ouch is rigt

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

interesting. apple is getting mean.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

He he he this just goes to show you how over hyped a product can be . The reality can be quite different on many occasions as with the poor Iphone..... It's not as great a product as it was built up to be.....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

The iPhone is fun but is definitely not a business tool or a PDA. It is merely a device with an awesome browser and cool media player. Not to mention the tons of internal storage.

I think comparing an iPhone to a BB isn't the best comparison. Besides I was reading an article yesterday that was saying most people that converted to an iPhone were Treo and Sidekick users . Not many BB users gave up their devices for the iPhone.

Link to Article

jortextcu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242875a8

I'm with BB all the way, but I bought the ipod touch and I have been playing with it for the last couple of days.
    It is really a fun device and now that the hack is availible (ijailbreak) you can load 3rd party apps with no risk of ruining the device.

it has satisfied my aesthethic curiosity.

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3

I plan on getting a ipod touch myself cool little device. I need a mp3 anyways

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jortextcu
    I'm with BB all the way, but I bought the ipod touch and I have been playing with it for the last couple of days.
    It is really a fun device and now that the hack is availible (ijailbreak) you can load 3rd party apps with no risk of ruining the device.

it has satisfied my aesthethic curiosity.
    I couldn't agree more. I pre-ordered the touch and am glad I did, it really has quenched my curiosity and at the same time given me... man I gotta quote Steve here... "The best iPod ever..." :groan:

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

glad i upgraded to a 8830 instead of an iphone

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

I don't actually know if Apple came out and said that the iPhone was a smartphone. Although the way it was presented and advertised there really isn't much room to believe otherwise. The real problem here is why in the world does Apple care about what you can do with the phone that one paid so much money for? I think the answer is simple, more money. If Apple releases the applications that people are wanting themselves, they can charge whatever they feel like. The problem is of course that they didn't have apps ready to go at the launch of the phone. And it would seem like they are spending more time fixing the unlocked aspect as opposed to giving people a better product to brag about.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

AND!! I also agree that the iPod Touch is a sweet piece of MP3 goodness. 16GB though, that is just not enough. I have both an 80GB Video and a 40GB Photo full.