Seems that AT&T has come out and stated that they activated about 146,000 iPhones in ... Android Smartphones forum

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

iPhone sales... not so hot

Advertisement

Seems that AT&T has come out and stated that they activated about 146,000 iPhones in the first two days of sales.

Now, any way you cut it, 146,000 ain't bad, BUT... analysts were expecting Apple to sell between 500-1,000,000 iPhones. And, with the constant news of the long lines all across the country, at both AT&T stores and Apple stores, 146,000 doesn't sound all that much!

I hope Apple does well with the iPhone, personally. I think it brings new dimension to the cell phone, one which I can guarantee, other companies (Nokia, LG, etc.) will try to emulate.

Competition can only be good for the consumer, and Apple is one of the most innovative companies out there.

Check out the article here.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Re: iPhone sales... not so hot

Depends whose numbers you believe...

"Mixed in with Apple's Financial Results, Apple announced that they sold 270,000 iPhones in the first 30 hours of iPhone sales.

The number was included with their financial results product breakdown and listed as 270,000 "iPhones and Related Products and Services".

Despite this vague wording, during the conference call, Peter Oppenheimer cleared stated that Apple sold 270,000 iPhones in the first 30 hours of sales"

link

Analysts weren't expecting them to sell 500,000-1 million iPhones the day of the release, they estimated that they might have sold that many the first weekend (and their estimates were wrong).

It took 2 years for Apple to sell its millionth iPod.. I don't think any analyst would ever expect any product to sell 1 million the first day/week/month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

Sounds like that 270,000 number is including accessories. And then Peter whats-his-name got a little loose with his words, and said iphones, leaving out the "related products and services" part.
    Now the question is, if they were expecting upto 1,000,000 sales in the first day\week\whatever. Why did they start to run out of stock after a few days (270,000 on the first day, maybe 100,000 every day there after, so they were just over 500k when the shelves dried up)
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

well 146000 is activating seeing that att does not activate the iphone.. that number does not refelct how many they actually sold during that time. Seeing that not everyone activated that same day
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask