Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

And the reality slowly sets in about what the iPhone is and is not. Noted ... Android Smartphones forum

reemberry no está en línea Stack level 2

iPhone is not a smartphone!!!!!1

Advertisement

And the reality slowly sets in about what the iPhone is and is not. Noted analyst and Engadget pal Michael Gartenberg stated that the iPhone is first party software ONLY -- i.e. not a smartphone by conventional terms, being that a smartphone is a platform device that allows software to be installed. That means hungry power-users -- you know, those people ready and willing to plunk down $600 for an 8GB musicphone -- won't be able to extend the functionality of their phone any more than Apple (but thankfully not Cingular) dictates. Other unfortunate realities about the device:
    • No 3G. We know you know, but still, it hurts man.
    • No over the air iTunes Store downloads or WiFi syncing to your host machine.
    • No expandable memory.
    • No removable battery.
    • No Exchange or Office support.
    got this from http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...-a-smartphone/

Blackberries UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: iPhone is not a smartphone!!!!!1

The truth shall set you free. This is why you can't believe the hype.

reemberry no está en línea Stack level 2

take it from a former SIDEKICK (1 and 2) user.... hype dont mean $HITTTTTTTT!

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2

Maybe not with this device, but Motorola, LG, Samsung, and the likes are quaking in their shoes with this bit of information.

RIM need not worry yet, but it will catch them. If Jobs embraces the industry and offers the device with a "Blackberry Connect" service option in year 2 or 3, everyone will win. For you QWERTY folks, the small form factor is where everyone is headed eventually anyway, how do you say ?"SureType"?

im-a-bb-noob no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    202F0512

yeah im goin to have to rag on my friend now cause he thinks it will be the best ever( hes a apple kid with an ipod, i have a zune, hehe)
    im a 15 y/o with a bb 7100t
    yeah and i play guitar hero
    im pretty nastey at it

jigxerjay no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319F0748

yo apple>>> you can try but you will not succeed>>>

I have suggestion try making a iblackberry

"When a man playing poker with money meets a man playing poker with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."

backbeat no está en línea Awaiting email verification

Looks like Michael Gartenberg is taking exception with the way EngadgetMobile is portraying his report:

Update - While it is correct that the iPhone isn't an open platofrm, I don't agree with the idea that it's not a Smartphone. While the iPhone is only extendable by Apple, it is indeed a platform and new applications can be installed. Many carriers lock their smartphones as well and only allow "trusted" applications to be installed.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Alright, this is simply my opion so don't get all bent out of shape.
    The iPhone wasn't created to go up against RIM.
    Apple and Jobs are smart cookies. They know RIM is the cream of the crop for business communication devices. If anything the iPhone might pinch the Pearl's market but probably not much.
    Apple's target market for this product is the iPod user that is carrying around a run of the mill cell phone or some other multimedia phone. They want to give their iPod users the ability to consolidate without loosing functionality of their crappy phone and the ability to do full email.
    just my two cents

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I would rather have the 8800

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

thanks for the link
    Ladies and Gentleman we are floating in space....
    "God didn't do that, you did that you fat @#$%"

LadyRaider no está en línea Stack level 2

The phone will have either 4 or 8 gig. Without expandable memory, it already beats the capacity of avaliable microsds.

I think Jobs WAS targeting the blackberry pearl. He had it pictured up there as one of the "other" smartphones. And, he singled it out for a specific comparison to what his phone could do.

grendle2002 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Be that as it may, I have been an apple user my whole life and love my blackberry. Though, the prospect of having full internet and media embedded email is too great to pass up. Also, to be rid of having to cary a phone, and ipod is something I have been dreaming of for too long.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by reemberry

And the reality slowly sets in about what the iPhone is and is not. Noted analyst and Engadget pal Michael Gartenberg stated that the iPhone is first party software ONLY -- i.e. not a smartphone by conventional terms, being that a smartphone is a platform device that allows software to be installed. That means hungry power-users -- you know, those people ready and willing to plunk down $600 for an 8GB musicphone -- won't be able to extend the functionality of their phone any more than Apple (but thankfully not Cingular) dictates. Other unfortunate realities about the device:
    • No 3G. We know you know, but still, it hurts man.
    • No over the air iTunes Store downloads or WiFi syncing to your host machine.
    • No expandable memory.
    • No removable battery.
    • No Exchange or Office support.
    got this from http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...-a-smartphone/

Blackberries UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    This lack of 3G, no user replaceable battery, no Office support, etc truly says it all.

Is it New? yes, Different? yes, A BlackBerry Killer... NO WAY!

bready no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2446C5F4

So I heard mention that it will have a fil featured web browser. Foray that mean it will support flash and java? If so, I can see a lot of iphone tailored websites springing up. The Nintendo Wii has flash and its pretty cool what you can do with it. Just bringing this up because I think this may work it self around the lack of 3rd party software.

BReady ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hootie311 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EF9D15

and on another note, the iphone of course is not covered under insurance, neither are most or all of the pdas, but atleast blackberry isnt charging an arm and a leg.. and thats another crappy, but true fact....its only the hype, i work for cingular wireless, and im going to stay with my pearl, it does me justice.....
    fo sho!!

tha darkness.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast