For those of you g1 users who have not received the 1.5 update, I found ... Android Smartphones forum

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

Instructions to update to 1.5 cupcake right from your phone

Advertisement

For those of you g1 users who have not received the 1.5 update, I found the ota link for the 1.5 cupcake and the step by step instructions on updated your g1. It only takes a few minutes and it works perfectly. I updated my g1 and my daughters g1 last night. All thanks go to a member of androidcommunity.com that posted the instructions. You need a memory card to do this. Enjoy!

http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f7/cupcake-do-it-yourself-update-from-your-g1-no-pc-needed-18132-new/
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    For those of you g1 users who have not received the 1.5 update, I found the ota link for the 1.5 cupcake and the step by step instructions on updated your g1. It only takes a few minutes and it works perfectly. I updated my g1 and my daughters g1 last night. All thanks go to a member of androidcommunity.com that posted the instructions. You need a memory card to do this. Enjoy!

http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f7/cupcake-do-it-yourself-update-from-your-g1-no-pc-needed-18132-new/
    It won't download the file listed. It keeps giving me an error saying the file size cannot be determined

PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Did you download astro and crutch lite first from the market? Those are the first steps in the instructions.

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes

PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I would delete astro and crutch lite and start from scratch again. Make sure you have room on your memory card and also make sure you download crutch lite and not regular crutch.

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by disturkis4u View Post
    It won't download the file listed. It keeps giving me an error saying the file size cannot be determined

just download it on your pc then put it on your sd card

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    You all should check into rooting(think jailbreaking an iPhone) your g1. I spent alittle time this weekend reading up and then
    completing this process. This is much better than the iPhone. I now have an updated Rom with Exchange support as well as true push gmail still on the phone. I have auto rotation 100% throughout even on the homescreen unlike the cupcake update. It has sweet multitouch pinch-zoom web browsing (eat it apple) and touch-input onscreen keyboard that can be calibrated to my personal touch style.

My next project this afternoon is to partition a 500mb space on the 2 gigger sd card that will run all of my apps direct from the card(blackberry users will drool over this). Then overclock the cpu for extra horsepower.

And im just getting started, but the android os is HOT! The only thing i miss from my 8320 is the UMA calling and the keyboard with its raised buttons. I see unlimited potential with android though! There are so many "apps for that" and numerous software roms to pick from.

For anyone interested in getting started modding their g1, go to the xda-developers forums or android community and you will find what you need!
    Last edited by Mortgage_Man; 06-07-2009 at 05:35 PM.