Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone done a comparative compatison for the above smartphones, Im on a BB 9700 ... Android Smartphones forum

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

Incredible, 4GEVO vs I-Phone 3GS or Blackberry 9700

Advertisement

Has anyone done a comparative compatison for the above smartphones, Im on a BB 9700 and am seriously think of switching to a Android Phone like the Incredible or the 4GEVO- Im on AT&T now, their terrible, nothing but problems

Thank You

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    That's not even a fair comparison. EVO blows the doors off of both of them....
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    If you are in an area that is covered by WiMax, give the EVO a shot.

If you are not, grab the BlackBerry on another network (if switching to a new device is a must at the moment), or wait for WiMax coverage to expand, for Verizon/ATT to unveil their 4g network (and the supporting devices to follow in the next year.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

tgowin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CF0B8B
    Android is the way of the future... IMO. The only problem is the platform has been built so heavily toward the soacial user that it has dropped the ball on some very fundamental basic needs of business users. I would love to sit down with some programmers and get them squared away.

Example: You can't lookup a contact by organization, only by name. Hear they may be fixing this soon.... NOT SOON ENOUGH!!!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hmm? Can't compare 3GS to those two b/c it's a year old technology and those others are new (within a month). The Evo battery on 4G will last about 4 hours so be sure that's acceptable for your needs. (buy another battery, your gonna need it). Keep in mind the Evo as with any Android phone still has not worked out the internal memory vs memory card and how Apps are stored and used.

The Incredible is the most polished Android between the two and is a great device. If you want to compare for the sake of comparing then compare the iPhone 4 and the Incredible.

You will probably find if you like a polished, proven UI and Apps the iP-4 will probably look nice. The UI is what everyone is chasing after all.
    The Andriod OS is constantly improving but has some work to do. The Andriod devices are a Geeks dream and offers lots of great things.
    The Android will tend to be a higher maintenance device (sort of) I would not be drawn in by the Evo just yet. It has awesome specs but they come with a price. They are not friendly for that battery and the OS and specs are not tuned like others. I think with 2.2.x or 2.3 that may change.

For battery life you won't find anything that will beat the iP-4.

Last edited by srl7741; 06-10-2010 at 09:09 PM.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Between the four that you chose. If I we're ready to leave ATT, go with the Incredible, one of the best phones that I have owned and hands down on the best network. If you are considering staying with AT&T I would consider the iP4 (I call copyright on that,lol). the 3Gs is nice, slightly dated but holds its own in this market still i think. It doesn't have the fancy stuff all the brand new devices have but coming from a Berry you will be blown away. Especially after Jailbreaking and iOS4. The EVO is just too BIG for my tastes. It is almost 4.7 inches diagonal. It has a few things the Inc doesn't. HDMI , 720p recording. Other than that not too much other than the big screen. Again you have to look at the network. Does Sprint offer great coverage in your area and the surrounding area that you travel. Nothing worse than getting to a friends house and showing off your brand new super fantastic toy to have the network fail on you. I travel so i have a first hand knowledge on cell coverage. If they do and it fits like you like might be the best choice as it starts with a good base. In places some networks are better than others. Look to see who is strongest in your area. All the great things your Handset can do is nothing without a Network to run it on. BB, I'm going to say it, right now at present they are at the back. Even WinMo7 looks like a better choice, sorry. Unless you are the business type that is not into the latest tech and needs something to just do email and calls. BB does that great, nothing flashy even with the new devices and OS i see(still have to squint to see the screen). Android is a beast, you make it what you want. iOS is what Apple gives you with many,many,many great app developers and a solid device that can hold it's own any day. If you want ultimate customization, Android. If you want customization and and firm app background iP4. I think that i have the best of both as my phone is android and I have a iPad on the way.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    woo hooo, 1K!! sorry

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I'm not sure if a glass back on the iPhone 4 is a good thing or a bad thing.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Don't know but it wouldn't stop me from buying it that's for sure.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I think it's suppose to be scratch resistant like a watch crystal type thing. I watched the video where they showed how it's fused together and it's so strong but I did not pay real close attention to that part. I would think either way the glass back will be more scratch resistant than the plastic on the back now. The plastic can get nasty fast without a case on it.

What I'm still not able to imagine real well yet is how it's soo much thinner than the current one. It's got to be pretty darn thin?
    It's going to be interesting how it feels in the hand. Everyone says it's even more solid than the current version. I'm also excited to see how the new antennas work? Pretty neat idea. I think I will be able to get all my current Apps on the main home screen using folders. Instead of 5 or 6 pages of Apps to swipe for it will be nice to pop open folders

It will be a welcome thing on my iPad also. I'm at 7 pages now.
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-11-2010 at 02:40 PM.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    This iP4 doesn't look happy. I think the glass is a neat piece of tech. I agree SRL7741, the addition of folders will be nice. Most folks have been saying , what's the big deal because Jailbroken iPhones have been able to do these things for years. Although that's true it is now native. As with everything from apple it will have a certain polish to it all.

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am sure if you wait a few weeks after the IP4 launch, you can probably get a more accurate/up to date "chart" type thing from someone hehe.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    This iP4 doesn't look happy. I think the glass is a neat piece of tech. I agree SRL7741, the addition of folders will be nice. Most folks have been saying , what's the big deal because Jailbroken iPhones have been able to do these things for years. Although that's true it is now native. As with everything from apple it will have a certain polish to it all.
    That brings me back to the same question I asked last year. With the new iP-4 and iOS4 how does that effect the idea or need to Jailbrake a iP-4 now?
    What will be the list of reasons to benefit by Jailbreaking?

1. Unlock (carrier)
    2. MyFi type Apps (maybe)
    3. Radicle or neat custom Themes (possibly)
    4. Apps not found in the App Store that meet your needs (possibly)
    5. Hmm........... Not sure

Can anyone add to my list starting with number 5.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Wireless tethering for sure would be my main reason as even with iOS you still don't have that. I think that we will find that although it is a huge step for the evolution of Apples OS it will still lack some of the things that hardcore users want. Themes,custom apps not approved by apple and a somewhat control on making the device your own. Smartphones today are all about what you can do with them, the biggest thing that sets your iPhone apart from mine is not the placement of apps or what type of apps but rather how we each have the device customized to fit us. I can't think of a #5 on the list but customization is the main one for most I think. For the power users it will be about staying on the cutting edge of the tech that is available.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Uh Oh, reports are coming in for the Evo regarding glass seperstion issues http://i.engadget.com/2010/06/13/htc...ration-issues/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast