Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Well I've been trying now for 3 hours and nothing I do will let me ... Android Smartphones forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Well I've been trying now for 3 hours and nothing I do will let me connect my google account on my device. Every time I have tried it's went through the process for the full five minutes and then displayed a message that says, "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server". It also says, "it can be a temporary problem or my phone may not be provisioned for data services.".

So I cannot connect my google account, which prevents me from using anything google related
    Yet I can send/receive text messages, use mobile web, and use the Mail app for my email
    On the plus side, tether seems to be working fine LOL

Aside from the screenshot question in my post above... Is there anyone who has an idea of how to get past the last step of setup and connect my google account? Until I can do that I'm stuck and cannot get my contacts, apps etc

As always, thank you to those who reply, I really appreciate the help!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Has to be incorporated into the ROM. I can find you a screenshot app but will take a few.

Been on the tractor since 2...

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Has to be incorporated into the ROM. I can find you a screenshot app but will take a few.

Been on the tractor since 2...
    Probably won't do me any good as I still cannot get my Google account connected. Oh, and the red battery icon must not have had anything to do with the ROM because its got a big explanation point over it right now

So it looks like I may have to find yet another ROM because without Google my phone useless since I can't get apps, and the battery icon thing is just making me nervous that something is wrong. Not to mention I get email when and if it feels like it.

So I don't know what to do at this point. All I do know is I am sick of wiping and flashing
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Can you post link to the ROM your using.

Can you post link to the ROM your using.
    Sorry it took me so long to reply!

I got fed up with nothing working yesterday, so I went back to the backup from the other day before I started all this.

But the info and screenshots can be found at...
    [Info] Magnolia 2.1.1 Final

And the ROM can be found at...
    [ROM] Magnolia 2.1.1 Final
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Just thought I'd post an update to this since every possible cause seemed to be ruled out months ago

Right after my last visit I traded in Magnolia to go back to Skyraider Zeus since I liked it better and it wasn't causing the red battery icon. I had also changed to a new battery. While I do believe I had the red battery icon a few times right afterward, it did eventually go away and I hadn't had a problem since. UNTIL about a week ago when the issue started all over again and without any just cause as nothing had been done to my device.

This time is a little different though, as before there was no rhyme or reason to the battery icon changing, whereas now there (kind of) is. For instance, if the battery icon is in its normal state and I open an app, I can pretty much guarantee the battery icon is going to turn red, which it does pretty much anytime I use it now. Same goes for when I plug my device in. If the battery is in its normal state it will turn red, BUT if the battery icon is already red and I plug it in, it turns to its normal state. So oddly, plugging it can cause the red icon when its in its normal state, and can turn it back to normal when in its red state LOL I have also noticed that my battery drains at a rate of 1% a minute when in a red state, if not faster.

Another observation, my signal is awful! I haven't been able to determine if its Verizon or my device, but I suspect its my carrier. Everyone else of course blames my device. In the end I have no real way of knowing. What I do know is this has been my first experience with Android and I've SERIOUSLY been thinking about going back to my Blackberry which gave me far less problems.

Anyway, if anyone has or does figure out the cause of this and how to fix it I would be forever grateful!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...netspeedmaster

I'm sorry I failed you...
    Want you to try an apk.
    I've used this for awhile across several versions of android on several devices. I have a .zip foyer it but someone released it on the play store. The app has the benefit of being able to restore the configuration without having to dig and edit manually.

Simply install and choose the top option. Reboot and see if there's any improvement. Really helps speed not signal but give it a shot. How well it works varies.

If you see no improvement in speed or whatever, choose the restore option and reboot.

When I had my Evo it was possible to flash newer radios. Now I'm not sure what you have and where there may be (or if) newer versions, but they can have a positive effect on signal.

I have 5 radio zips on my device, I've flashed all to see which has better reception here. Newer isn't always better, as I'm using an older one over the newest.

Don't let this sour you on Android. I'd give my opinion on HTC but I'll save you the trouble. Add that custom roms can sometimes cause more issues than they're worth, especially on older hardware.

Again, sorry I blew it on the battery. All research I found pointed to faulty battery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1134451

Info on available radios and how to flash.
    Read carefully, as always you can brick....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...netspeedmaster

I'm sorry I failed you...
    Want you to try an apk.
    I've used this for awhile across several versions of android on several devices. I have a .zip foyer it but someone released it on the play store. The app has the benefit of being able to restore the configuration without having to dig and edit manually.

Simply install and choose the top option. Reboot and see if there's any improvement. Really helps speed not signal but give it a shot. How well it works varies.

If you see no improvement in speed or whatever, choose the restore option and reboot.

When I had my Evo it was possible to flash newer radios. Now I'm not sure what you have and where there may be (or if) newer versions, but they can have a positive effect on signal.

I have 5 radio zips on my device, I've flashed all to see which has better reception here. Newer isn't always better, as I'm using an older one over the newest.

Don't let this sour you on Android. I'd give my opinion on HTC but I'll save you the trouble. Add that custom roms can sometimes cause more issues than they're worth, especially on older hardware.

Again, sorry I blew it on the battery. All research I found pointed to faulty battery.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1134451

Info on available radios and how to flash.
    Read carefully, as always you can brick....
    No need to apologize, you didn't fail me whatsoever!

I'm just over having to flash and I miss the days when I could just pick up my phone and it would work Plus I don't have the time nor patience for that stuff anymore. The only reason I rooted was because I needed the tether, which is the only reason I've tolerated it this long. That's also the reason why I am considering going back to my Blackberry, because a simple app allowed me to tether without having to get all technical, which with Android typically means days of driving yourself crazy. At least in my experience, and I have enough stress in my life.

My mother keeps wanting to buy me a new phone for my giving up smoking, but I won't do it because I don't want to go through all the BS of rooting, flashing etc (unlike most I do NOT find it fun) only to wind up right back where I'm at. So for now I think I am SOL unless 1) we get a real Internet provider where we live OR 2) someone discovers a sure fire fix for this specific issue

I just thought I would update this thread in the off chance someone else was having (or has had) this problem because it seems isolated to my device, which just boggles my mind.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    As always, it's good to see you, Dee. Don't be a stranger and I hope your health issues are being taken care of. Congrats on quitting smoking!

Hadn't been on in a while, so I though I'd check out the marketplace and update this while I was here

After not having much luck before, I tried the only other thing I could think of even though it seemed a bit ridiculous to me at the time, and it has worked like a charm! I simply took my phone out of its flip case, and haven't (knock on wood) had the problem since. I can only imagine it had something to do with the magnetic closure, but can't be certain as it never caused a problem with my old phones. All I do know is I haven't seen a red battery icon since just after my last visit.

Since I have figured that out and now have real internet at home and don't have to rely on tether, I'm bored and ready to get a new phone again LOL Now I'm thinking iPhone as I've become way addicted to my tablet. I'm also proud to say I am still smoke free

As always, thank you all for all your help and support! You're all greatly appreciated!!
    RogerG likes this.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Good news! Well done!
    JavaBratt likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow, it's always the last place ya look, huh? Nice to see ya, Dee.
    JavaBratt likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123