Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

My Inc2 is only about 6 months old, but since day one the battery icon ... Android Smartphones forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Inc2 red battery icon?

Advertisement

My Inc2 is only about 6 months old, but since day one the battery icon occasionally turns red with a small explanation point in the middle. Here is a screenshot since I've not been able to find anything online about this...
    DroidInc2 Battery Icon.png

I've not been able to determine what is making it do this because it just happens at random regardless of whether or not the device is in use or if it's charging etc. But this time it happened yesterday evening and has remained until only about 10 minutes ago. I would also like to mention that it was on the charger overnight, but apparently did not take on a charge or something because when the red battery icon turned to the usual white one, it showed at only 58%.

I have no warranty or anything because I purchased the device outright from someone, so I am wondering... Has anyone else experienced this, or have an idea of what it means?

Thanks in advance to those who reply!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Java, the battery is dying. Its not accurately reporting to the os and its causing it to display the error.

You may try to take a pencil erased and fleas the contacts on the battery, but I'm betting the battery will need to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Java, the battery is dying. Its not accurately reporting to the os and its causing it to display the error.

You may try to take a pencil erased and fleas the contacts on the battery, but I'm betting the battery will need to be replaced.
    Thanks for the reply jfcooley!!

I will try cleaning it and see if that helps. It just seems weird because it's never stayed like this for more than a few minutes. But after being like this over night and on/off all day today, I can finally see that it is at least taking a charge.

Hopefully cleaning it will solve the issue, but if not, can anyone suggest a reputable seller of batteries for my device that are cheap? Also, seeing my posts here, would I be better off with an extended battery?

I found a standard one on Amazon for about $10, and several extended ones on WirelessEmporium ranging from $25-30. But I'm not sure if these are good prices, which are the most reliable, etc.

Thanks again jfcooley, and to anyone else who replies!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Can't speak for extended, never liked the added bulk. I've bought Anker from Amazon in the past and loved it until I managed to lose it.

Mark just bought one, maybe he can offer something up.

Ok, I'll look into that and see if anyone else has any suggestions.

In the meantime I took my battery out, cleaned as suggested and when I turned my device on the battery icon was immediately red. So unfortunately it doesn't appear that does any good

A friend suggested I try calibrating the battery using Calibrate Battery (root) from the app store. I have the app installed, but I have to wait until my battery is fully charged to run it. Once it's charged and calibrated, I'll post the results.

Thanks again!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

All those apps to is wipe the battery stats.
    May help if there is an error reporting charge to the os. Don't believe that they will increase battery time etc.

A Google dev did a write up on battery stats last year. Will see if I can dig it up. Probably not pertinent to this issue but a good read.

Just like wiping three times before an install. Not needed.

All those apps to is wipe the battery stats.
    May help if there is an error reporting charge to the os. Don't believe that they will increase battery time etc.

A Google dev did a write up on battery stats last year. Will see if I can dig it up. Probably not pertinent to this issue but a good read.

Just like wiping three times before an install. Not needed.
    Yeah I don't much care about increasing the battery time at this point, I'm just hoping that I can get the battery to last until I get a new one.

I did try the Calibrate Battery (root) as suggested by a friend, but it did absolutely no good. It took all of a split second to run, said it was complete and the battery icon went right back to red a half second later. Attempted to run a second time just for giggles and got an error message (don't recall off hand what it said). At which point I just gave up.

But since Thursday evening my battery icon has been red probably a good 90% of the time. I ordered two new batteries yesterday evening, but they could take up to a week to get here. So I'm just hoping I can get mine to last until then, otherwise I am in big trouble :-s
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Most likely will, just wont report accurate %.

If it seems like its charging then you'll be fine until they arrive. It may be dying quick, may be a slow death.

Hopefully new will solve the issue. I did some searching and all instances seemed battery related not ROM.

Keep us posted.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Java, those battery apps just want your info. Those apps do zilch to your battery performance except monitor and drain juice themselves.
    What you probably need is a new battery.
    I assume you have the phone rooted? If so why dont you put it back to stock and see if its a ROM problem?

Most likely will, just wont report accurate %.

If it seems like its charging then you'll be fine until they arrive. It may be dying quick, may be a slow death.

Hopefully new will solve the issue. I did some searching and all instances seemed battery related not ROM.

Keep us posted.
    Yeah, it is taking on a charge, but I don't believe it is when the battery icon is in the red state. But who knows as I cannot see the battery level when this happens. But I just can't wrap my brain around why it doesn't just stay red if the battery is taking a crap.

Fingers are crossed that its battery related though because I purchased the device outright from someone, therefore have no warranty or anything. If the device dies, I am royally screwed

Funny thing is, it seems like everything I use that requires batteries has gone on the fritz the last couple of days and I wonder if this would all be happening if I weren't trying to quit smoking LOL!

But I will most certainly post my findings once I get the new batteries. Given that my head hasn't exploded by then LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Java, those battery apps just want your info. Those apps do zilch to your battery performance except monitor and drain juice themselves.
    What you probably need is a new battery.
    I assume you have the phone rooted? If so why dont you put it back to stock and see if its a ROM problem?
    Yeah I've seen that they're pretty useless. It kind of cracks me up when I read reviews on the app I used and see all the people so excited about their "improved battery life" etc. Especially now that I know it's not even possible LOL!

But yeah, as I stated, I ordered two new batteries last night but it can take up to a week for them to get here. I'm just hoping this battery will last that long.

And yes, my phone is rooted. I don't want to reset it though because you have no idea of the headache it was to root it in the first place... OMG what a nightmare! Not to mention that it's not likely something I could do on my own since the first time was also my first time doing it.

Plus... if it were a ROM problem, wouldn't I have been experiencing this problem since day one? I had this happen before, never for more than maybe a minute, and I can count on one hand how many times it happened. This time is different because it has been like this for majority of the time since Thursday evening
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

I respectfully disagree with del
    Don't believe its ROM related.

Go to system/battery and see if app usage is being reported correctly. If it is, then its the battery.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Noted!

Was gonna say gayly but...

I respectfully disagree with del
    Don't believe its ROM related.

Go to system/battery and see if app usage is being reported correctly. If it is, then its the battery.
    Not sure how accurate my battery log is but so far today I've received a number of emails, several text messages, made one 15-20 minute phone call and played a few games of solitaire. I also checked a tracking number using my USPS app. My battery is currently in 'red' state and the battery log states as follows...

Battery Status: Unknown
    Voice Calls 75%
    Display 14%
    Dialer 5%
    Cell Standby 3%
    Phone Idle 3%

Shouldn't there be some mention of apps used though?
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast