Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Originally Posted by pmarshall \Hey ive read quite a few droid complaints about the tiny ... Android Smartphones forum

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    \Hey ive read quite a few droid complaints about the tiny keyboard....whats your take on it?
    After using it for several days here is my take on it so far:

• It's no bb keyboard that's for sure, but do-able

• I tend to hit the wrong letter because of the flat surface

• With a protective cover the case the top row is cramped when typing

• No autocorrect like on the virtual keyboard

• D-pad for me is not an issue, I actually use it for scrolling through lines/letters/words to make corrections

• I type slower on it than the virtual keyboards (with practice I should get better/more comfortable on it)

It does take some adjustment in using it coming from a bb but I tend to migrate between using all three keyboards (portrait, landscape, physical) anyways while using the Droid so for me this is not a major issue. I had read/seen all the reviews before the phone came out and knew that the physical keyboard would be an issue for users so I wasn't surprised/shocked/disappointed by it. So far the pros of this phone for me outweigh any of it's flaws.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    yeh..you said my thoughts exaclty. I read all the reviews and squished up keyboard was awkward and the pic quality was less than average. Seems dumb to me they would make this phone so.....unperfect when they advetise it to be so great..lol..oh well..the next android will be better and so on. lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Uhohm my mytouch had gone crazy.....went black...and aborts anything I try to load.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Hero Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1 CSOUTH-6200

when trying to install the romm it stops at "failure at line 364"..any ideas?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

other roms fail at line 88....
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Anyone know??
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    \Hey ive read quite a few droid complaints about the tiny keyboard....whats your take on it?
    The general trend is for people to be negative and reject change. I find that when approached as a new device that requires the user to adapt & learn, there is no problem. I simply slowed down on my typing speed until I became used to the keys and then found I like it better than anything I've used thus far. It only took two days of being deliberate and patient and now I'm really fast. Plus it's not a tiny keyboard, it simply has less travel when you press a key. This ends up making it faster once you have learned it.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    when trying to install the romm it stops at "failure at line 364"..any ideas?

@ pmarshall, did you ever find a fix for this? I've never seen that error before.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

Thanks for the reply...no fix yet. It won't load a Rom. Any way to wipe or anything?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    There's a wipe/factory reset in your recovery menu. Just make sure you have a ROM to load after the wipe. Also, did you ever do a nanodroid backup prior to this issue? Do you have the RA recovery?
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

when i hit wipe...it cancels....nandroid backup? no...i dont need anything on it..nothing important. I have the amon ra .123 on it.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Ok Wipe all ext partions then try to do the factory wipe. This will erase everything on your sd just so you know. Since you have the Ra recovery you can still connect thru usb to load a fresh ROM after the wipe.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

How do i wipe the partitions?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

muer214 no está en línea Stack level 1

good

O(∩_∩)O~ very Nice

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    How do i wipe the partitions?

In recovery, select wipe ext partition, wipe dalvik-cache, then wipe data/factory reset. If it works turn on mass storage mode and load a new ROM
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast