Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

cynogens 1.4....trying to install RA magic 1.2.3 so i can partition my card and a ... Android Smartphones forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

cynogens 1.4....trying to install RA magic 1.2.3 so i can partition my card and a few more things to help the rom speed up...one more thing...memory kinda lacking huh?...that normal?..2 apps running and am showing 24mb available....my hero stays arounsd 50-120mb,
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Flash a New Recovery Image

1. Find the recovery image you want and MAKE SURE IT IS FOR YOUR PHONE (should say in where you download it what phone it is for).
    2. Write down the filename of the recovery image EXACTLY as it is written. example( RA-Hero-Recovery-v1.2.2.img).
    3. Put the recovery image file on the SD card (not in any folders).
    4. Download Terminal from the Market if you don’t already have it and install it (there are a few different terminals in the Market some have an onscreen keyboard and some don’t experiment till you get one, also hold down Menu in some of them to bring up the onscreen onscreen
    5. Open the Terminal program and type the following(with hitting enter at the end of each line): su(enter)
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/name-of-recovery.img(enter)
    6. In the above text, replace name-of-recovery.img with the name of your recovery image (make sure the .img is on the end).
    7. Phone should pause for a second and then show you a new blank line. Turn it off and back on by holding down Home and Power to ensure it flashed correctly. Done.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Magic Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    The new Amon RA recovery is awesome. For anyone not using this, its a must have. Allows to easy partitioning and has a mass storage mode to access your sdcard thru the recovery screen.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; HTC Magic Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    About the memory, I'm usually around 35mb, but I don't suffer any slowdown. I have advanced task manager and it keeps apps from running in the background. Widgets cause slowdown as well. Partitioning will make that super magic run smooth. I'm using that ROM now. Understand that any Hero ROM is still 1.5.
    Donut 1.6 is more optimized and fixed a lot of lag problems. If its too annoying there are 1.6 ROMs out there that run flawlessly.
    Last edited by rdills; 11-04-2009 at 04:51 AM.

Yeh im runing cynogen 1.4..i want the amon ra but dont know how to remove the cynogen and where the amon ra is..ive dont some searching and no link works. I do have the super magic installed and its def not gonna work with the cyno 1.4. def need the amon ra to make it smoother. The mytouch is verrrrrrry slow and non responsive on keyboard, but i know it can be fixed to run smoother.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Here's the link to the file.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/29168941...ic-v1.2.3G.img

Follow the instructions I left above and its no problem.
    If done right you shouldn't have any lag at all. But that's pretty much with any ROM. The more experience you gain you will find there's a remedy for any lag.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    i use the amon ra now. and i have the super magig installed and sd partitioned. it runs very smooth. the super magic now has an update. I didnt try it yet. One added feature is voice search and dialing. Im not really sure im gonna stick with hero even though i love it, because i cant use my wireless headphones.

ur561..you actually using hero or a diff device?

rdills...correct me if im wrong....i need to remove allll data on my mem card..install the amon ra right..so there wont be anymore cynogen?

also....i have magic installed..so i need to remove it from my sd card and reload it on my phone?
    Would i need to wipe or take my mytouch down to stock os to do all this?
    i know i might be asking stupid noobie questions...but once i "get" this and i def do have a good idea...i wont ask again lol
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    You will eventually have to delete everything on your sd to partition it for super magic, but not for the recovery, Just put Among Ra on your sd. Don't wipe your phone yet because you will have to go in the terminal app to install the recovery image. Cyan's image will be gone. So once you're done in the terminal, power off, and reboot in recovery. You should see. The new image. Now flash the magic ROM.

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
    Last edited by rdills; 11-08-2009 at 12:27 AM.

sounds good..im looking for a terminal with a keyboard now..no luck yet..on number 4....
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

am i looking for the emulator??
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

this terminal...is this whats gonna remove old img and allow the new to install?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

i typed in 'terminal" in market place and went through all the free ones...never found any of them that showed a keyboard by hitting menu button....any suggestions?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Oh I'm unsure about that since you're already running the hero ROM that might be the problem. Because menu has always brought the keyboard up on every screen. You might have to pay for better terminal or flash a 1.6 ROM real quick just to get the image.

lol..im getting the feeling im in over my head haha...i can wite files and apps for bb and move them from file to file..but this....whew..lol...ok so...im not buying anything lol..ineed to install 1.6 and that will get me the img i want? or allow me to load the ra one i want?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast