Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Delfim
  • 1 Post By jfcooley
  • 1 Post By lak611

which platform would you choose to take its place ? ios, windows mobile, BB OS, ... Android Smartphones forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

If Android just shut down...

Advertisement

which platform would you choose to take its place ? ios, windows mobile, BB OS, Bada, Symbian, Touchwiz...what ?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I would not choose IOS, for the simple reason that I believe there should be competition in the marketplace. BB10, would be one option, however the best option would be several Windows, BB10, Symbian, thus increasing innovation through competition. Any one company with no competition would become complacent, and charge what they want for their product. Since Apple has been on top and is not hungry for product share how innovative has it new releases been in comparison to when it was breaking into the market? Same with Blackberry whilst no-one could touch them they had control, nothing really new came out. Apple charges what they want people buy, Android manufacturers do not have the same advantage, they have to be competitive.

So as I said I would want to see a number of systems fighting for the Android share, maybe we would see something really good come out of the fight.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The one I want has still to be invented. But I wouldn't know of it... and I would want something else.
    lak611 likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I go prepaid dumbphone.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I go prepaid dumbphone.
    you're halfway there...

JK.

It would be awful... Everyone would go back to RIM or pick up a Windows phone, and say "they aint that bad". The Android crowd that can't stomach anything else will start claiming that smartphones are overrated and that we as a society don't need them anymore. The rest will moan and groan and claim Apple as a monopoly, and I would surely go insane from reading it all.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    "... and I would surely go insane from reading it all."

You're halfway there!

©
    Capdot likes this.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    you're halfway there...

JK.

It would be awful... Everyone would go back to RIM or pick up a Windows phone, and say "they aint that bad". The Android crowd that can't stomach anything else will start claiming that smartphones are overrated and that we as a society don't need them anymore. The rest will moan and groan and claim Apple as a monopoly, and I would surely go insane from reading it all.
    The folks who claim "Apple is a monopoly" would file lawsuits.
    Delfim likes this.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I tell you, the worst thing to have would be a monopoly it doesn't matter which company it was.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    "... and I would surely go insane from reading it all."

You're halfway there!

©
    ..."free yourself from the shackles of android"...

you mean completely there!

KTW
    I would go iphone or bada...personally I can't use a windows 7 phone, the things so different it looks alien to me.

Baggz345 no está en línea Stack level 1
    iOS. I´m not familiar either with WP and somehow it just doesn´t do it for me. I was also quite unsure whether to go with Android or iOS in the first place.